Blackberry Crumble Bars

Once again, I apologize for the quality of the photos. I just can't shoot with my left hand and the light in my kitchen is awful. These are much better than they look!


Crack 4 eggs into your mixer bowl.


Add 1 cup of sour cream.


Add 2 cups of flour and a pinch of salt.


Add the zest of 1/2 lemon and 1 tsp. of almond extract. Beat until mixed thoroughly.


Add 2 large containers of fresh blackberries.


Gently stir them into the batter.

I forgot some photos again. Place 3 cups of flour in the bowl of your food processor. Add 1 1/2 cups of sugar and 1/4 tsp. of salt. Pulse to mix. Cut 3 sticks of butter (1 1/2 cups) into 1/4 inch cubes. Pulse the processor as you drop the butter in. Pulse until you have a crumbly mix. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of this for your topping. Press the remaining into a 9 X 13 inch pan which has been coated with cooking spray. Bake this for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Let it cool for 15 minutes.


Pour the berry batter over the top and crumble the 1 1/2 cups of the topping over it. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes. It should be set in the middle.


Remove from the oven and let cool for an hour before cutting into bars.


Enjoy!

Comments

brokenteepee said…
I'll bet the firemen would love these!
Anonymous said…
This I just must try, but I'll have to use frozen berries because I doubt I'll find any fresh ones now.

Have a great day!
Christer.
And me with all these beautiful blackberrys. I can see these in the oven this week.
Guillaume said…
I love a good old crumble. Blackberry crumble sounds delicious.
Marigold said…
Where in the world did you get blackberries at this time of year?
Ina in Alaska said…
Those look wonderful. And all dark colored berries are very very good for you. So says Dr. Oz. And I believe him. Happy Sunday!
Barb said…
These look so yummy and we get such great berries out here in the summer!
TARYTERRE said…
Scrumptious. You saved me one, didn't you?
Nellie said…
We have a lot of blackberries in the freezer. I just may have to use those. This sounds like it would be really popular with The Husband.:-)
petoskystone said…
Why do you have to shoot with your left hand? These bars look *so* good!