Marinated Broiled Salmon with Garlic Spinach

Copper River Salmon is in season right now and we all love it.  This is just one of the many ways we eat it.  Mix 4 T. soy sauce, 3 T. grated fresh ginger, 2 T. honey, a sprinkling of pepper and 3 T. of sesame oil.  Whisk this and pour it in a ziplock bag with your salmon.  Marinate it overnight.

When you are ready to cook it, turn the broiler on and while it is heating, melt 2 T. of butter in a pan.  Saute' 3 diced garlic cloves in the butter for a couple minutes and add some fresh spinach.  Sprinkle it with salt and pepper.  Place a lid on the pan for a few minutes until the spinach wilts.  Take the lid off and stir it around.

Broil the salmon flipping once and then back again until the top starts to get crispy.  Serve the salmon on a bed of spinach.  Fast, easy, delicious!

I have not gone to thrift stores in ages.  I stopped at two the other day and was glad I did.  I found this pullman loaf pan which is perfect for me because I only have one and my recipe makes 2 loaves.  2.99!

And when I opened it I found the original wrapping still on it.  It had never been used.

Then I found these old bread pans for 49 cents.  I love old baking pans.

They cleaned up perfectly in the dishwasher.

And 4 nice souffle dishes for 2.99.

A perfect pate' terrine for 2.99.

A hardly used ball bearing rolling pin for 1.99.

And this was the best find of all.  I have this exact lasagna pan which I bought from Chef's catalog for around 40.00.  This is the absolute same pan, never used, for 2.99!  I always make double lasagnas and really needed a second pan.

This juicer is in perfect shape and was 1.99.  I have to be careful or I will be hitting the thrift shops too often again.

Comments

OMG! I would kill for fresh salmon. It looks wonderful. Great finds at the thrift store. The juicier looks like the one I have. It belonged to my grandmother. I need to get back to yard sales and thrift stores as soon as the weather is a little cooler.
Anna Hanley said…
Good Afternoon, That salmon/spinach looks so yummy! What great finds! Anna
Nellie said…
Outstanding buys from your thrift-store shopping! Take me with you the next time.
Yum! Salmon on top of garlic spinach! One of our favorites, too!
Anonymous said…
I think you must have a higher class Thrift Store, wow, those are some pretty pricey finds!!!Its weird isn't how things happen, for some reason you were suppose go there for that bread pan, it was just meant to be, and they say there is no such thing as magic, ya , right!

Beautiful simple salmon, yum!
Robin Larkspur said…
I do sense that you and Thrift Stores have too long been apart! Fantastic finds!! I know you will be making more of your individual pies and those souffle dishes are perfect.
c. Joy said…
Can't wait to try your salmon recipe - it sounds so good. Thanks for the idea.
brokenteepee said…
My mother had an orange juicer just like that...
I'm not the world's biggest fan of salmon but I am going to try this recipe because it sounds so darn good!

You found some marvelous deals at the thrift shop but you are wise to resist the urge to go all the time!
TARYTERRE said…
LOVE Salmon anyway you make it. Had some last night as a matter of fact. Your thrifty finds were wonderful. My favorite is the rolling pin.
I love wild salmon!! Your way of making it sounds wonderful..as always. :)
You really did get some deals! Thrifting is ..addictive for me.
I cannot pay full price for anything anymore except undies and shoes..and of course my precious blue jeans. I have bought very little in the past four years that hasn't come from thrifting. It's wonderful.

When you have seven children it's not difficult to end up with 20 grands and it's just beginning.
Back in the 1950's you never heard of "over population" and since being a Mom was all I wanted ..my dreams came true!
Hugs,
Mona :)
My goodness, so yummy. Loved the sound of garlicy spinach with the salmon, next fish recipe on my list - just did baked sea bass with vegetables!
chickpea678 said…
What great finds! And I'll definitely be making this salmon recipe!
SharleneT said…
Oh, yeah, stay away from the Thrift Shops -- except, for these great finds. I found a brand-new dehydrator, never used, for $4.00 the other week. Just when I needed it! But, the juicer is the same one I have been using for the last 100 years. Don't understand why today's cooks need a lemon squeezer, lime squeezer, and orange squeezer. But, they are in pretty colors! Thanks for sharing your bounty and congrats on the bread, in case I forgot to mention it.