Copper River Salmon

 We just love it when Copper River Salmon is in season.

 I marinate it in almost the same recipe I use for the Cod. Mix 1 nob of grated fresh ginger with 2 T. soy sauce, 2 T. sesame oil, 2 T. honey, 3 cloves minced garlic and 1 T. fish sauce.

I place the salmon in a ziplock baggie, pour in the marinate and toss it around to coat.  Then I leave it in the fridge for at least 24 hours before broiling it.

I almost always serve sauteed spinach with it.  Melt a few tablespoons of butter with salt and pepper sprinkled in.

Oops...out of order!  This is the salmon after it's been broiled.

Pile the spinach in the hot skillet with the melted butter.

Cover it with a lid and turn the heat to medium.

In a few minutes it will wilt down to this.

Served with some Israeli couscous on the side for a healthy delicious meal.

Comments

brokenteepee said…
Himself loves salmon! And spinach for that matter
That looks delish!. I love good salmon.
Cascade Quilts said…
mmm, sockeye! best salmon ever! I caught a sockeye (same fish as in the Copper River, but here in WA) the other day - and hubby and I had a 'cook off' with the two halves of it - he smoked his half and used orange slices instead of lemon - and I cedar plank cooked mine with dry mustard/butter. Both were excellent, although I admit his was better!
Anonymous said…
this looks amazing and I bet it tastes delicious as well.I think part of the joy of cooking is to enjoy the foods in their season, this is a perfect example, you love when this comes in season, you anticipate it, that makes it all the more pleasurable. Hope you're keeping cool, we had a cool spell come through.
Anonymous said…
I'm not a big fan of salmon but everything must be tested at least once before I can say I don't like it and I've never tried this :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
Nadine said…
I have never been a big fan of Salmon or spinach but this looks delicious.

-Nadine
Guillaume said…
Oh this salmon looks so yummy and indeed healthy. A very summery meal.
Nellie said…
Another amazing meal! It would really be gobbled up quickly here!
Barb said…
Here I am in salmon heaven and I haven't found a recipe we really love. I'm going to try yours!!
TARYTERRE said…
I could eat salmon every day, every night, forever and love every morsel. That goes for spinach too. DELICIOUS.
Ina in Alaska said…
We had Copper River Reds last night for dinner (caught by a friend)- that wild Alaskan salmon is the best in the world- my husband grilled ours- oh it was heavenly!!!

Served w/Caesar Salad

Love the baby Teddy look back. She is precious!

Summer here has been quite rainy! However I continue to enjoy my break. It was so cool & dreary yesterday that I made a butternut squash soup- baked the veges- onion, carrots, butternut cubes- before simmering & pureeing- delicious! From an old Sheila Luken/Silver Palate recipe.