Meatballs in a Cherry BBQ Sauce

 This is a very quick, easy and tasty appetizer which I made for the event.

 Pour a bottle (28 oz. ) of BBQ sauce into a pot.  Add 1 jar of cherry preserves.

 Add 3 diced chipotle peppers.

 Add 1 tablespoon of the adobo sauce from the can.  Whisk this until combined. Bring it to a boil until the preserves melt then add the meatballs.

You can make your own meatballs or buy them.  I used frozen meatballs because I needed almost 300.
Mix them with the sauce and bake covered at 225 for several hours.  Stir occasionally.
Serve 1 meatball in a small bowl with some of the cucumbers from yesterday.  Make sure to prepare extra because they will disappear quickly.

Comments

brokenteepee said…
That's a lot of meat balls!

It looks delish. I can cherry barbecue sauce in the summer
TARYTERRE said…
My parents make a lot of meatballs for their annual Christmas party. Love your recipe with the cucumbers, though.
Nellie said…
There are some good frozen meatballs available, and with that zesty sauce they are in, they will taste just as good as homemade!
Anonymous said…
I like cherries, I like meatballs and BBQ sauce so I must love this :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
Yes, those frozen meatballs are handy when you're feeding a crowd!
Joy said…
These look super delicious! Ironically, one of our restaurants, the chef is from SE Turkey, serves a beef kebab dish with sour cherries during the summer months. Delicious! Right now, he's doing a similar dish cooked slowly cooked with quince. It's nice to have the sweet/tangy contrast with meat.
Yummy, yummy! how funny is that, I just posted the lamb pistachio kebabs this time in tomato & cherry sauce, we all have the cherries in mind : ) loved the look of yours! Ozlem
Guillaume said…
Cherry and meat balls? That is original.
Barb said…
What a great little appetizer!
luckybunny said…
Now those look super delicious! I'm starving right now too and I want one!! I bet the cherry tastes awesome in these.