My Loot From Zoar

 I brought back lots of goodies from our trip to Zoar.  There were farm stands along the way and I stopped at all of them.

 I already turned these beauties into jam.

 Sweet onions in white and red.

 I am going to stick these under my zucchini plants.  Maybe they will get the hint!

 I am making zucchini/corn chowder for the shelter tomorrow.

 We stopped at the Fiesta Ware outlet and I bought these pitchers for 8.00.  They don't take up too much room in the refrigerator.

 We were in Amish country.

 Where there are Amish, there is candy.

 One of the houses in Zoar had a yard sale going on and had fabulous prices.  I bought this antique wooden hay fork for 9.00.  It is very sturdy and in great shape.

 This piece was 4.00 and is very well made.  I might hang it in my potting shed.

 These photos are out of order.  I bought this from a broom maker at the festival.  A turkey tail broom.  These are most often used to clean a hearth.

 A colorful whisk broom.

 I always stock up on shagbark syrup when I am there.  This stuff is fantastic.

 This year, the man that makes it had lots of new flavors.  Jalapeno syrup will be wonderful on corncakes.

 And I will use the habanero syrup as a glaze on shrimp.

 Maple walnut syrup to top ice cream for my guys.

 And the best, pumpkin syrup!  Pumpkin pancakes are going to be made here very soon.

 And look at these brooms.  The broom maker was selling the big ones for 9.00 each.

 Perfect Fall colors.

 I bought a child's broom to keep in my kitchen.

 Here is another item I bought at the yard sale.  This is a vintage harvest basket.  A cane with a pointy base goes right through the middle of it.  You stick this in the ground to support the basket while you are harvesting.

 It's bound with leather.

And it has a pin that keeps it from sliding.
And the best part, it was 1.00...unbelievable!

This herb dryer was 4.00.

I really got excited about these old house shutters.  They were 2.00 each.  I am not sure what I will do with these yet but at 2.00, I could not pass them up.  And the louvers work perfectly on them too.

Comments

Sunnybrook Farm said…
I like all that especially the old hay fork, neat!
Anonymous said…
Oh my goodness, what lovely treasures you found. They all sound wonderful but I especially love the harvest basket. Kare
Anonymous said…
wow, what beautiful finds!!!!! We had a harvest basket like that at the farm, it was almost worn out, I can't wait to see what you do with all your goodies, that first syrup, what would you use that for,
brokenteepee said…
The turkey tail broom has glorious workmanship.

I am beginning to think that you will not die or fade away but rather be swept away ;)
CalamityJr said…
My daughter saw a do-it-yourself project using old shutters to make a headboard and she's looking for a great deal like that. Ahhh... I don't think we'll tell her. Great shopping, though!
Wow, you did really well! I've never seen a turkey tail broom before. It is exquisite!
Barb said…
I AM ENVIOUS OF ALL YOUR TREASURES. I CAN JUST TASTE THAT PUMPKIN SYRUP ON PANCAKES. THE BROOMS ARE WONDERFUL AND THE BASKET! YOU REALLY DID GET SOME TREASURES!
Guillaume said…
It's funny, the further down you scroll, the more autumnal the pictures are. Or is it just me? I love those brooms. But don't use them after sun down, it will agitate the ghosts (old Breton legend).
Nellie said…
What treasures! Good produce, too!
Dog Trot Farm said…
Good evening Joyce, what treasures indeed! I love the brooms, such wonderful color in them. The small broom would be perfect in the hands of Travis. I'm slowly catching up with my blog reading, I see you have been busy. Hugs to Teddy. Julie.
Michelle said…
You came away with some fabulous items.
Margaret said…
Love it all! Especially the brooms and the piece for your shed. Maggie
Bee Haven Bev said…
Love the pitchers!!!! An outlet....how exciting. Love Fiestaware! Now, that shelf is adorable and what a buy! Always loving louvered shutters!! Great buys!
luckybunny said…
WOW! Awesome finds, really awesome. Those peanut butter pillows sound delicious. Love the herb dryer and all your finds but those shutters are great!
Mary Ann said…
I have never seen a harvest basket on a rest like that! So cool!
chickpea678 said…
What great finds! I love the fiesta ware pitchers! So cheerful and bright.
chickpea678 said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rue said…
I would have brought home the goats, myself.

Those brooms are wonderful! I have handmade brooms but they cost me $20-$40 each and that was 10+ years ago. $9 is an amazing price!

Great haul!