Curried Cauliflower and Naan

This is a favorite meal in my house.  Curried cauliflower and naan served with chutney and lime pickle.
 Pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil into a heavy pot.  Sprinkle in 1 tablespoon of mustard seeds.  Cook over medium high heat until they pop.  Then add 3 tsp. of cumin, 1 tsp of turmeric, 1 tsp. coriander and S&P.

 Dice 1 onion and 4 garlic cloves.

Cut a large cauliflower into pieces.

Cook the spices until they give off their aroma.

Add the onion and garlic.

When the onion starts to soften, add the cauliflower.

Add some diced tomatoes and one large cubed potato.

Add about 4 cups of chicken broth.  Cook covered until the potatoes are tender.

Add about 8 hard boiled eggs cut into pieces.  Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.

I just made a basic naan recipe.

These are cooked on a grill or a griddle pan.  We spread the chutney and lime pickle on the naan and eat it with the curry.

Comments

brokenteepee said…
Your naan is so pretty
Sunnybrook Farm said…
That sounds real good. I am cooking a pot of chili on this cloudy Saturday.
Anonymous said…
I'm not a big fan of cauliflower but I love curry. Perhaps this is a way for me to like them better? I'll try this and nan bread is always nice.

Have a great day!
Christer.
Cauliflower is at its most delicious when prepared in East Indian cuisine!
TARYTERRE said…
Did you say naan??? I LOVE naan. your cauliflower mixture looks divine.
Ohh, this looks delicious! We love cauliflower!
Cauliflower is one of my favorite veggies..this is a recipe I will try soon. :) Have a wonderful Sunday, Joyce!
Mona
Suzanne said…
I love naan!!!!!!
luckybunny said…
This is perfect to go with my chickpea dish! I love this.
chickpea678 said…
I forgot about this recipe! It's a favorite at our house too--thanks for the reminder!