Miraculous One Pot Fettuccine

I had this recipe bookmarked for quite sometime and finally made it yesterday.  This stuff is a little miracle in a pot.
 *  I am adding this note for anyone that saw this today and wants to make it.  Towards the end of the cooking time, as the water is mostly absorbed, you will have to stir it more often so it doesn't stick.  I turned it off after 9 minutes and took it off the burner, gave it a good stir, let it sit for a couple minutes and then gave it another good stir before serving.

This seriously took abut 15 minutes to prepare and is some of the best pasta I've ever eaten.  You could use spaghetti, fettuccine or linguine.  Place one pound of the uncooked pasta in a heavy pot.   Add 1 thinly sliced medium onion, 3 diced garlic cloves, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, 1/2 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. dried oregano, a sprinkling of red pepper flakes and some chopped fresh basil.

 Pour in 2-1/2 C. of water.

 Add 1 cube of chicken bouillon.

 Add 1 cup of chopped tomatoes.


 Bring this to a boil and cook stirring often for 10 minutes until all the liquid has evaporated.

Oh my!  As the pasta cooks it creates a creamy, flavorful sauce which coats and soaks into the pasta.  Serve it sprinkled with parmesan cheese and some extra fresh basil. A great dinner in no time at all and only one pot to clean.

Comments

brokenteepee said…
I've seen these recipes on facebook and wondered if they really worked. I was concerned about mushy pasta.

Sounds like it does work. I'll have to give it a go!
Anonymous said…
A must try!
I'm pretty sure I'll burn it at my first ry though :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
Robin Larkspur said…
What a cinch to make, definitely have to give this a try.
Anonymous said…
I have this one saved as well but never tried it, I will now!
Can't wait to try this - couldn't be easier, right?
jody said…
Yum! Easy peasy! Cant wait to try this!
I'm gonna try this! Sounds too easy to be true!
Nellie said…
Wow! I am certainly ready for this one! Thanks for sharing!
Guillaume said…
Looks delicious. I might make some tonight, actually.
Barbara F. said…
I HAVE to make this, this week. Have to!!! Such a craving and I never heard of it until now. wow. xo
Barbara F. said…
I came back to look/drool again and saw your update. Thanks, this week definitely, my reward for heavy cleaning and yard work to be done this week by me. ;-) xo
TARYTERRE said…
What a clever recipe. LOVE it.
I am COMPLETELY on board with this recipe! Exactly the kind of cooking I love to do in my old age..:) Thanks for sharing this, Joyce!
How is your arm?? Did you see a doctor? I know Teddy has had all her shots..so it's all probably just fine. You HAVE to be sore as heck though!
luckybunny said…
I will totally have to try this !
Marsha said…
Only problem - had to add an additional more-or-less 3/4 cup water; after waiting 9 minutes, it was still way too underdone. So I added the water about a quarter cup at a time, and waited 3 minutes after each addition. I also covered the pot during the additions. Maybe my fettucine was thicker than yours? Anyway, it finally turned out lovely, and husband-o-mine requested it again. Thanks.
chickpea678 said…
What an interesting idea! I'm going to try! I don't know if it's the new chill on the air but I'm craving creamy fettuccine Alfredo!