Banana Coconut Orange Berry Surprise Muffins

My family enjoyed the muffins which I made the other day so much that I made them another muffin recipe.
 You can whip these up in no time at all.  Mix 1-1/2 C. of flour in a bowl with 1 tsp. of baking powder and 1/4 tsp. of salt.

 Mash 2 ripe bananas with a potato masher.

 In another bowl, add the mashed bananas, 6 T. melted butter, 1/2 C. sugar, 1 large egg, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, the zest of 1 orange, 2 T. of fresh squeezed orange juice and 1/2 C. of coconut.  Mix this together until well blended.

Pour this wet mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
Line muffin tins with liners and divide the dough into each cup, leaving a bit in the bowl.  Press a berry into the middle of each muffin.  I used blackberries but any berry will work.

Place a spoonful of dough over each berry to cover and then sprinkle with a bit more coconut.
 Bake them at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes until done in the center. Remove them from the tins and let them cool on a rack.

Surprise!

Comments

So pretty and delicious, too I bet!
Anonymous said…
I'm sort of glad I've already done my grocery shopping for the weekend and have no intensions drive outside my village because these look delicious and if I would have had all ingerdients at home I would have made them :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
brokenteepee said…
I always love a good surprise
Nellie said…
What great muffins! I fear I would not be able to stop at one, though.
TARYTERRE said…
LOVE the surprise inside. YUMMY!
These look good! I like how there's a berry surprise in each one.
lleblanc_nd said…
Yum! I love coconut. These will be a new recipe to use up those bananas that are ripening faster than we can eat them. Thanks.

I hope Teddy is behaving. Our one-year-old Samoyed chewed on my Kindle this week and broke the screen.

Lorraine
Guillaume said…
I need to bake my own food more often, especially muffins. I love coconut muffins.
Barb said…
Your family is very lucky to have you cooking for them!
Jim said…
These look so good! Kids would love these especially if they didn't know what kind of berry was inside! Heck this adult would!! lol