Green Goddess Pasta Salad

My herbs are growing like crazy so I thought it was time to use some of them to make green goddess dressing.
You can whip this up in no time at all.  Find the recipe here:  http://octoberfarm.blogspot.com/2011/06/green-goddess-salad-dressing.html

Just throw it all in your food processor.

Lightly simmer your onion and garlic just to take the bite out of it.

This is very good as a dressing for a regular salad but I decided to make a pasta salad with it.

This makes enough that you can use it both ways.

I diced some fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and diced bacon.

This makes about 2 cups.

I tossed some rigatoni with the cheese mix and placed it on some romaine lettuce.  Then I sprinkled it with some blueberries and currants I had just picked in my garden.  I am using a lot of my currants in salads.  I made some small garlic toasts to go with it.

Comments

Looks great, but I am lusting after those cheesy garlic toasts on the side.
brokenteepee said…
I've only had currents dried. What do they taste like fresh? Like a grape of some kind?
Suzanne said…
Looks incredible
thewiildmagnola said…
Everything looks so good. A cool salad is the ticket for summer.
thewiildmagnola said…
Everything looks so good. A cool salad is the ticket for summer.
Anonymous said…
This looks yummy!

I'll get around ten blueberries this year because of that last heavy frost night but lots of currants. I tried my spinach today and it's delicious so I better start picking this weekend.

Have a great day!
Christer.
Guillaume said…
Blueberries in a salad? I mean a savoury salad? This is so original!
TARYTERRE said…
That must be so delicious. LOVE currants.
Perfect Summertime meal! Perfect! And then there was homemade ice cream with chocolate syrup ..skip the whipped cream. To drink? A beer? Just kidding..just kidding! Besides, I don't like beer. Strawberry Margarita is a different story! Ice tea? Well..I would rather take the left over morning coffee, add vanilla creamer and some ice... :) Perfect! Blah, blah, blah! :)
Barb said…
I love a good pasta salad in the summer!