Stuffed Pepper Soup and Pumpkins

 We stopped at a farm market on Saturday and this is what we saw.....Pumpkins!!!

 I'm not a big fan of these warty ones.


 I stocked up on gourds.


 I baked a bunch of French bread.

 And then I picked more peppers and made stuffed pepper soup.  Dice 1 large onion, 4 garlic cloves and about 8 peppers.  Saute' them in about 3 T. of oil or you can use bacon grease to add a smokey flavor.  Sprinkle with some salt and pepper and 1/2 tsp. of dried thyme.

 Add 1-1/2 # of ground beef.  Stir and break up until it browns.

 Add 4 cups of tomato sauce.  I used some which I made with my tomatoes.  Add 2 cups of beef bouillon.  I added a few beef bouillon cubes for added flavor.  Taste it and adjust seasoning if it needs it.

Add 3 cups of cooked rice.  Voila...deconstructed stuffed peppers.

Comments

greekwitch said…
Wow! And so easy!! I love stuffed peppers and I always love to eat the filling before I bake them! Yum!
Anonymous said…
I had never heard of this soup until now,, what a great idea!
I like the warty pumpkins lol, never saw those before either,
I need to get out more,,
I don't mind one or two warty pumpkins for atmosphere. But I prefer the smooth ones too.
Laura said…
that soup sounds delicious! i'm not really a fan of the warty pumpkin either.
blessings
~*~

ps...hugs to Teddy!
Mary said…
I agree the warty pumpkins are creepy, sometimes I cannot even look at them !
Anonymous said…
That soup will be great on a cold winters day!

I have never seen warty pumpkins like that before but I must admit that I liked them :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
Leanne said…
I do envy your traditions - we have no big pumpkin patches here in NZ to visit. But we are planting lots in the garden
This is such an easy soup and one I have never seen before. I've been craving Campbells vegetable and beef soup..for some odd reason..can you imagine? :) I am going to make this instead...Wow! Can't wait. Another recipe for my Joyce book!
Guillaume said…
I'd need a good hearty soup like this one. It is very dark, gloomy and cold here.
Dog Trot Farm said…
Oh the wartier the better!!! Perfect soup for a perfect Autumn day...