Farrow Quinoa and Beet Salad

This is a yummy salad and a great way to use some of your beets if you have a lot left over from your harvest.                                                                                              
 Slice some beets, drizzle them with olive oil and S&P.  Roast them at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.  Set them aside to cool.

 Cook 2 cups of farrow and let it cool.  Cook 1 cup of quinoa and let it cool too.  I forgot to take a pic of it.

 Chop the beets and put them in a bowl.

 Add the farrow and quinoa and get creative.  I added toasted walnuts, cubed apples, chopped kale, red onion and goat cheese.  I made an orange vinaigrette but you can use any dressing or vegetables that you like.

 If you don't like a red salad, you can use yellow beets.

Comments

CalamityJr said…
This looks delicious and is another recipe I'll be sure to try!
Anonymous said…
This look really yummy!

Our traditional beet root salad is very different so it would be fun to try this one!

Have a great day!
Christer.
Susan said…
Sounds delish! I hope you're feeling better - I do notice that nothing slows you down, however... :)
Guillaume said…
That looks nice and healthy.
Jim said…
Farrow is new to me. Will give it a try as we LOVE beets and quinoa.