Turkey and Lamb Meatballs

Using some of my canned and frozen tomato sauce from last summer, I made a wonderful spaghetti sauce this morning. As it simmered on the stove, I thought that I would like to make meatballs too but I had no ground beef.  What I found while digging through my freezer was ground turkey and ground lamb and so a new and very delicious meatball recipe was created.
 I grated 1 cup of my homemade sandwich bread into a bowl. Then added 1 T. of sun-dried tomato paste, 3 T. Italian seasoning, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, 1 small minced onion and 2 tsp. granulated garlic.

Then I added 1 large egg, 3 T. buttermilk, 1 pound ground turkey and about 1/2 pound of ground lamb.  Mix this thoroughly and cook a small piece to taste for seasoning.

Form into small balls and bake them in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.

These are good served with spaghetti but they would make very good sandwiches too.


They freeze very well.

Comments

Anonymous said…
now thats a new combo,, they look wonderful too!!
Anonymous said…
Yes why not! This is a must try but turkey isn't especially common here so I might try chicken instead.

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
Oh now you make me hungry! These meatballs could fit just as well Easter as Christmas.
Leanna said…
It's only one hour before dinner right now and I have marinara sauce simmering on low on the stove and 12 italian sausage meatballs in the oven almost ready to come out and dump into the sauce. *sigh* So good.
Christer is right! These are a must try!!
chickpea678 said…
Darn! I have all except ground lamb! Maybe I'll have to make just with ground turkey. Your halushki recipe is going to be made one of these days soon too!