Fire and Ice Pickles

These pickles are perfect as an accompaniment to many summer dishes.  The Blog Tech eats them straight from the jar.
 They couldn't be easier to make because you start with a jar of dill pickle chips.

Ingredients
2 32.oz jar hamburger dill slices
4 cups granulated sugar
2 T. hot sauce, I used Frank's Red Hot
¼ - ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
8 small cloves of garlic, peeled and lightly smashed
 Drain the brine from the pickles and place them in a bowl.  Add the additional ingredients, stir and let them sit for about 4 hours then put them in jars and store in the refrigerator.

I've had several people tell me these are the best pickles they've ever eaten.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I really like pickled cucumbers! I too often eat them out of the jar or on a sandwich with liver pate :-) Never pickled them myself though,perhaps it's time to start :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.

https://thecottagebythecranelakefour.wordpress.com
Pickles that bite you back!
Guillaume said…
I LOVE pickles! especially with burgers and beer.
Fiona said…
I always come away from your blog either hungry or ready to try a recipe. Its always a delight!
TARYTERRE said…
The red hot sauce and red pepper flakes makes these a winner. They have a BITE that can't be beat. YUM. My hubby loves homemade pickles. He makes them too.
Mary Ann said…
I am trying THESE, too... we are making pickles this week.