Onion and Cheese Rolls

Here are some other rolls I baked for The Chef yesterday.
 The Recipe:

½ cup warm water
1 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp yeast
1 Tbsp Olive oil
3 Tbsp. Sugar
2 tsp salt
2 cups water
1 Tbsp. dried onion flakes 
6 cups flour (approx.)

It's basically the same recipe I used for the ones the day before but you add  dried onion and then top the rolls with cheese.


 Mix the ingredients and knead until you have a smooth ball of dough.  Place it in a buttered bowl, cover and let rise until doubled.

 Plop it out on a counter dusted with flour.

 Cut it in half, then in half again.  Cut each quarter into 3 pieces.

 Form each piece into a ball, place on a parchment covered cookie sheets.

 Brush the tops with an egg wash and top with cheese.

 I used Asiago and Provolone but you can use any cheese you like. Let rise until puffy, about 20 minutes.

 Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.

Cool on racks and freeze the ones you don't use right away. These are worth making for the smell alone.

Comments

Linda said…
When I saw the finished product, I was salivating from the smell in my head!
TARYTERRE said…
I love onion rolls. Add the cheese and I'm in. YUM.
Your house must smell wonderful!
Anonymous said…
I do like cheese rolls! I used to go to a bakery Saturday mornings when I lived in the big city to buy some fro breakfast :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
I am hungry again now.
Connie said…
You keep this up and you'll be opening your own restaurant . . .Yum :)
Can I make a reservation?