Turkey Sandwiches on Pumpkin Bread

I made these sandwiches for my family a couple days ago.  This is such a good turkey sandwich.  You can find the recipe for the pumpkin bread here:  http://octoberfarm.blogspot.com/2012/09/perfect-pumpkin-bread.html


I brined this turkey breast for two days before I roasted it.  You can use your favotire brine or use the one on my sidebar.

 You get a lot of white turkey out of a breast.

 I let my dough raise a bit too much!

 This is simply one of my favorite breads to bake.  And the smell!!!

 It has a wonderful crumb too.

 I spread the bred with mayo mixed with a bit of pesto.  Then I added Double Gloucester cheddar cheese, a spreadable mild blue cheese, thinly sliced tart apple, some of my oven roasted tomatoes and a lot of thinly sliced turkey.  This turkey has tons of flavor thanks to the brine.

 I usually put sprouts on this sandwich but I had none.  I added fresh, crunchy, local romaine lettuce and some very thin slices of red onion.

Homemade pickles really add to this sandwich.

Comments

Anonymous said…
They do look yummy but I would most likely have to use chicken since turkey isn't that common here and if one find any it costs like gold :-) and to find anything pumpkin here is almost impossible. I have heard that they now have a store in Gothenburg where theyt sell American groceries so that might be the only place to find anything pumpkin :-) :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Blogoratti said…
All look really delicious and mouth watering indeed. Have a wonderful month!
Guillaume said…
Never had pumpkin bread. That's a very autumnal sandwich I must say. Love it. And Autumn started here and it feels like it started.
Leanna said…
Oh, that looks so good and healthy! Thanks for the recipe on the pumpkin bread.
TARYTERRE said…
You had me when you said pumpkin bread. But then you added mayo mixed with pesto, gloucester cheddar cheese, a spreadable mild blue cheese and apples. This has to be the best turkey sandwich, ever. i mean ever. yum. yum.
chickpea678 said…
That must taste much better than store bought lunch meat!!!