Burrata Salad with Foccacia





I hate to admit how often we have been eating this for dinner this summer.  But when my basil and tomatoes are plentiful, we can't get enough of this.

 I make the foccacia early in the morning when the temps are at their coolest.

 This is the dough; dimpled and sprinkled with olive oil and rosemary.



 Click to enlarge.
 Same here.

 If you haven't tried Burrata, you really should. It is fresh Mozzarella wrapped around a creamy rich ricotta type interior.  It is scrumptious. I cut it into pieces and plop it on top of sliced fresh tomatoes.  Then I add some good olives, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers if I have any and shredded fresh basil.  Grind some good black pepper over it and sprinkle with flaky sea salt.  Sprinkle it with olive oil and drizzle some balsamic vinegar over it.  I added some scoops of hummus too.

 I also like to shred some good Italian cheese over the top.  I used a nice Fontina.

And it never hurts to add a bit of meat.  I added a thinly sliced salami but prosciutto would be very nice too. It's a great summer meal and if you don't want to make foccacia, just buy a baguette.

Comments

I do like Burrata cheese and made a salad with it last week. This is another recipe of yours that I will use.
Anonymous said…
I've never heard of this Buratta cheese, but it sounds wonderful,, what a great summer supper! or lunch!
Linda said…
I could eat this for breakfast right now. I love focaccia, basil, tomatoes, and cheese.
It really looks yummy!
It has been so hot here that I haven't eaten a proper dinner in weeks so perhaps I should do something like this.

Have a great day!

Christer.
StrictlyMystic said…
The photos of your food are drool-worthy. I rarely meet a recipe book that doesn't have my name on it. ;~) Would you mind sharing the title of the book?
TARYTERRE said…
i have never tried Burrata. sounds yummy indeed.
Guillaume said…
Love the foccacia.