Zucchini Pie

I had some huge zucchini I bought from a local farm so I made these zucchini pies for my DIL and her mom yesterday.


Ingredients

4 servings 
3 cups zucchini cut in small cubes
1/2 diced onion
6 eggs
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tp black pepper
2 grates garlic cloves
1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese grated
1 cup Mozzarella
1/2 cup Caciocavallo cheese grated
1/4 cup fresh herbs minced (rosemary, thyme, parsley, basil)
1 cup Bisquick 

pepperoni
cherry tomatoes
roasted asparagus
cooked sausage (optional)


Method

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-Cut zucchini into small cubes.
-Grate the cheeses.
-Beat the eggs in a large bowl.
-Add the first 11 ingredients and mix well.
-Spray a deep pie plate.
-Pour the mixture into the plate.
-Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and  pepperoni and sprinkle with more cheese.
-Bake for 45 minutes until the top is browning.
-Top with the cooked sausage and the roasted asparagus.  Cut the asparagus in half so it lays flat.
-Let it sit 10 minutes before cutting.



 Any of the toppings are optional and you can add whatever you like.

I made these for breakfast but with a nice salad this could be dinner too.

Comments

Linda said…
I love the look! It sounds delicious. I love zucchini. My children were the only kids in town who begged for zucchini.
I do something similar whenever I have a lot of zucchini and I like it a lot!

Have a great day!

Christer.
NanaDiana said…
ONGOSH! That sounds delicious...and something I would never have thought to make. Thanks for the recipe! xo Diana
Very artistically decorated too!
Guillaume said…
Looks delicious.
That looks delicious!!
We love zucchini and asparagus!
Pat said…
We love zucchini and what a wonderful recipe this is. Thanks so much for sharing!