Tomato Conserva

 I rarely use cookbooks anymore and I never buy cooking magazines but I still subscribe to Cook's Illustrated, Saveur and Milk Street.  I trust them totally.  I was reading the March-April issue of Milk Street when I came across an article on transforming supermarket tomatoes.  It immediately drew my curiosity.  I immediately made it and what an outcome!


 Click to enlarge the recipe.


 This uses a lot of olive oil but don't skip and make sure to follow the recipe.  It is worth every drop.

 Use the sweetest cherry tomatoes you can find. I like this so much that I am going to plant extra cherry tomatoes this summer just to make this recipe.


Make sure you keep an eye on it for the last half hour.  Towards the end of the cooking time, it starts to stick to the bottom of the pan.

I served it with some French bread I made and some cheese. This can be used as a pizza sauce, a pasta sauce and so many other ways.  I will be canning it this summer. 

Comments

Marcia said…
This sounds delicious. I make sauce very similarly with sautéed onions, tomatoes, and basil. I don't add any water but cook this down then puree with stick blender. Dash of sugar to cut acidity.
The taste of summer all year long!
Leanna said…
This is awesome. Thank you so much for the recipe. Now, where are the pictures of the puppies? AHAHAhahahahaahahahaaa
Gulietta said…
Oh my goodness, look at that bread!
Susan said…
Oooooh, this is perfect! I have plans for two kinds of cherry tomatoes in the garden this year and - if they grow - now I'll have a great recipe to use up the copious amounts I usually get! Yum!
Christer. said…
Looks delicious so perhaps I'll try it already now even though all tomatoes they sell now are tasteless to be honest.

Have a great day!

Christer.
NanaDiana said…
That sounds REALLY good!!!!!
I hope you have a great Wednesday.
Guillaume said…
Pomodori! You make me feel very Italian tonight.

Oh and my wife went thrift shopping recently. I blogged about it and I thought about you.
Tech Cloud Ltd said…
Wow, very nice and delicious food tips you have shared. It seems like you're a cook freak person. I really like your passion and efforts. However, the photos you have shared are very mouthwatering. It is obvious that the photographer took the photos perfectly. However, I’m working with different packshot retouching services. Thanks for sharing. Keep going. packshot-retouching-services
Cut Out Image said…
It's really nice to read and very informative. So much thanks for the sharing. I was looking for that and this is very important for me. Thanks!

You can also visit: Packshot Retouching Services