My Fall Front Porch



It's time for me to start getting ready for my busiest time of the year.

 I am excited to see how the W's enjoy Fall. 


 Last year Willie was still pretty new and didn't realize what was happening.


 This year should be different so I want to decorate especially well.





I saw some big pumpkins in a field this weekend so they will be in the markets soon.


 I think I will be doing  a version of this porch. 


 Whatever I end up doing, many pumpkins will be involved.


 I am actually starting on it today.


 I'm putting up my honeysuckle vines and twinkling lights.


 It is now pitch black when I take the pups out in the morning so I put the lights on a timer and when we go out, they are already on.


Doing a bit of decorating each day kick starts my Fall celebrating.

Driving through the mountains the other day, I could see tinges of yellow on the leaves.  It's time!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have been avidly watchingnthe very first bits of yellow and orange in the foliage on my morning commute....the first fields of field corn are beginning to turn too. Watching for them is one of the best ways to get me through the hottest bits of summer!
Betty said…
Yesterday it was in the 90s, but I bought two ceramic pumpkins and a thanksgiving turkey candle holder. I am ready for fall. My favorite time of the year. I also got my new Jim Shore witch.
Christer. said…
It is a bit autumn like here today, warm but not hot. Some rain in the morning and trees turning yellow. The turning yellow however is mostly because fungi has attacked all the Whitebeams and Rowant trees :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Leanna said…
It's raining this morning. It will probably only last another 24 hours. Texas is now in our hottest month of the year. August is always the hottest. I can't wait for October when it should get cooler around here.
It is still middle of the summer in Alabama. I love it and am sorry it will go. I want the endless summers of my childhood. However, once it is October, I am excited.
Leanne said…
Looking forward to your decorating and for me SPRING!!!
Guillaume said…
Gorgeous pictures. You make me long for autumn. I mean even more than I already do.
Rain said…
Having pumpkins everywhere makes everything so pretty!
Teacats said…
Triple digit heat here … and no rain around my neck of the suburbs! Here on Lot 13 Black 13 on Cemetery Hill Road we are dreaming of cool crisp Fall days. Unlikely -- but the Goddess just may help out!

Cheers!