Pumpkin Sandwich Bread

 With the holidays on the horizon, this is a great bread recipe to add to your repertoire.  It makes the best sandwiches, especially leftover turkey sandwiches.

 You can find the recipe here:   http://octoberfarm.blogspot.com/2012/09/perfect-pumpkin-bread.html


 Chill your bread pans in the fridge before brushing them with butter.  The butter will stay where you want it to go!

 The recipe makes 2 loaves. 


 Press each piece into a roughly 8X8 rectangle.

 Roll it, pulling it towards you until you have a tight log.


 Place the loaves seam side down in the buttered loaf pans.

 Cover lightly with a damp towel or plastic wrap and let them rise until they crown the top of the pans.

 I was in a hurry so mine did not quite rise that much but they baked perfectly anyway.

I baked these at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, until the internal temperature reached 190 degrees.  I think the above referenced recipe says to bake them at 375 for 30 minutes.  What can I say, I'm unreliable.  I think using the lower temp and longer bake time keeps them from browning too much.  I'll post the recipe for the sandwiches I made using this bread later.  It is great for toast and french bread.  You could mix some of it in with your stuffing mix too.

Comments

Valerie said…
Thank you! Can't wait to make it!
Rain said…
I can imagine how yummy they are. Now that I have plenty of pumpkin puree, I may try to make these this month! I'll wait for your recipe! And great tip about the butter on the pans!
Mmmmm, bet that bread is yummy!