More Party Pics



I finally had a chance to go through the party pics on my camera. Here are some you might enjoy.  I made two of these charcuterie boards covered in wonderful locally made meats and some aged cheeses.


 I made a horseradish Jarlsberg cheese spread, a delicious canneloni bean, roasted garlic and rosemary spread, a blue cheese spread and a smoked tuna pate'.  The smoked tuna is a recipe I invented to take to pot lucks when I was penniless back in my college days.    It was a hit back then and is still great. Every drop of it vanished.

 This table is about 28 feet long so it is hard to get it in a photo.  I should use my panoramic lens.


The cupcakes again.


And again.  They went the length of the table.  There were 48 cupcakes.
 
 The punchbowl waiting for me to make the Irish borscht.  It is a mix of vodka, fresh lime juice, champagne and lemon/lime soda.

 The chili bar had corn chips, tortilla chips, assorted grated cheese, onions, Vermont Common Crackers and jalapenos;  all served in my vintage cheese crocks.

 People loved my chili bowls with the little wooden and wire handles.

 I made my chili mildly spiced and offered different hot sauces for people to add if they wanted it spicier.

 My daughter's fudge cookies disappeared before dinner started.  My friends are animals.

 I set the bar up on the front porch. The guests drank so much of the punch, that little else was consumed.


 I made 24 loaves of salt rise bread for guest to take home and eat toasted for breakfast.

 Instead of setting the table as I usually do, I set up a buffet so people could sit wherever they wished.


 A longtime, best friend had just returned from Cambodia with his wife and son and though jet lagged, they were able to join us.  They enjoyed an Americn dinner after all of the exotic food they ate over the last few weeks.


Oh and the pao de queijo.  I made 250 of them and none were left. Though, a few might have been eaten buy two chow chows I know.  The guests got a total kick out of me yelling....pao de queijo and seeing the puppies come running.   The W's speak a little portugese.  BTW, The Blog Tech can now carry on a full conversation in Portugese.

Comments

Buffet style is the way to go when feeding a big crowd. It all looks fabulous!
It all looks so festive and delicious. I don't know why I read your blog when I am hungry. I love your presentations!
Leanne said…
oh man that looks yum. happy new year to you all xx
Rain said…
I LOVE the chili bar!!! What a fabulous idea. Those cookies look so good. Your idea of having the buffet is a good one, I'm very much into the buffet thing these days! So cute about the W's! And congrats to the Blog Tech for speaking Portuguese!!!