A Little Bit of Fall Cooking

We are still having warm and very dry Fall weather but that hasn't stopped me from making Fall food.  This past weekend was meant to be my daughter's wedding which of course was postponed because of covid.  They were married in July and hopefully we will be holding the wedding celebration next Fall.  Yesterday we said we were glad we postponed t because of how hot and humid the weekend ended up being. We think we will bump the celebration until later in October next year so we will have cooler Autumn weather.  Meanwhile, I made my first apple scrap jelly and it sure is good!


I made stuffed cabbage in beef gravy and served them with mashed potatoes.


And wonderful little pumpkin rolls to go with them.


My first loaf of pumpkin bread for the season.


And my kids favorites....popcorn balls.


We all got together for a football game yesterday and I made chicken, bacon and cheddar rolls with ranch sauce for dipping.

And I also made Italian rolls with salami, ham and mortadella with pizza dipping sauce.  It was a fun afternoon.


 

Comments

Popcorn balls! When I was a kid and went trick or treating nearly 60 years ago, people in our small town still often handed out homemade treats (and it was safe!) The biggest score you could make was a popcorn ball -- what a treat they were! My favourite!
Leanna said…
WHOA!! Everything looks so delicious that my mouth is watering. The stuffed cabbage, omg! I love that.
Rain said…
The pumpkin rolls are so cute Joyce! The jelly looks great!
Delicious :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
Need to try pumpkin rolls. Here it is very autumnal, quite cool, sometimes even cold, and either dry (ideal temperature) or damp (not so great). I spent Sunday afternoon with Wolfie outside, enjoying the cold but sunny autumn day.
Valerie said…
Cabbage rolls! I haven't made them for a while, and we love them. Your food always looks so delicious! A little warm here for a lot of comfort food, but we're getting cooler weather later this week.
babs said…
My mother always made her cabbage rolls in beef gravy just like your recipe. She always referred to it as the Swedish method. We never had the tomato based ones growing up. She also added a little brown sugar to her beef broth as they were simmering. They were/are the best!