Busy Baking

I've been very busy baking these last couple of weeks. Here are a few of the cookies I've made. I've made about a thousand so far.  These are my Empire Biscuits.


I think they are one of the prettiest Xmas cookies.


Peppermint Chocolate Cups.


My mom's Walnut Kippels.


Christmas Cookie Cups.


They are filled with buttercream frosting.


Almond Sugar Cookies.


They are sprinkled with sparkling sanding sugar.


Peppermint Thumbprints.


Onward and upward, I still have 4 more days.


To balance all of this sweetness with something savory, I made this Nordic vegetable soup:

Nordic Winter Vegetable Soup


Ingredients

Ingredient Checklist

Directions

Instructions Checklist
  • In a large pot, heat the oil. Add the onion, leeks and garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the barley. Add the vegetable broth, water, thyme and bay leaves and bring to a boil. Add the celery root and parsnips and season with salt and pepper. Simmer over moderately low heat until the barley and root vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes.

  • Stir in the spinach and nutmeg and simmer for 5 minutes. Season the soup with salt and pepper and serve in deep bowls.

Winnie napped with a snowball as I cooked.
 

Comments

So many DELICIOUS calories!
Leanne said…
oh my some special treats for your friends and family. Hope it is still snowing for you
Just buttercream frosting? Be still my heart! Recipe for first cookie? What is it called?
Guillaume said…
We'll try baking tomorrow. Although I doubt we can do a tenth of what you did.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
they are empire biscuits. enter it in my search bar for the recipe.
Gabi said…
MmmmH, looks very yummy.
Merry Christmas from Germany
Mystica said…
They all look delicious but what I admire most is the enthusiasm you have for the work you do.
Happy Happy Christmas and stay safe.
Rain said…
I love how you formatted your recipe. Those cookies look like perfection. I would never get that many done, or that well in my crappy oven! They all look so festive and Winnie is adorable!! :)