Mincemeat Tarts For Giving


My mincemeat tarts are done and packed away to cure before adding them to my cookie platters just before Christmas.
 

I hope people enjoy them because, hola, they are a lot of work. I made 48 of them.


I make a pate' brisee for the crust.


The mincemeat is made with walnuts, almonds, raisins, currents, dates, figs and candies fruit. Orange and lemon zest goes into it too.


The above is mixed with sugar and spices and a bit of port.  I don't like boozy flavored desserts and the port just adds to the flavor rather than adding a strong liquor flavor.


I finish them off with a coating of powdered sugar and later I will make a hard sauce to serve with them.  They get warmed up before eating and a spoonful of hard sauce is melted over top of them.  Decadent and very delicious.  And done....woohoo!
 

Comments

I am making "my own" mince tarts this Xmas too, but to demonstrate just how far out of your league I am, I'm using frozen tart shells and commercially-sold mincemeat filling, LOL!
Rain said…
Those look great Joyce!
Leanna said…
OMG! I'm dying. This sounds so good.
I made some mincemeat on Friday and set it all in canning jars. I made that Mincemeat Marzipan Couronne recipe from the Great British Baking Show-Master Class over the weekend and my Goddess, it was wonderful. You can find the recipe online. It's not hard to make. I'm going to have to make it again for Yule.
Mary V said…
They look yummy, I have a neighbor who every year brings over four for me. Luckily my husband does not like, more for me!!!!
Guillaume said…
My wife and I met thanks to a mince pie. We eat them for our anniversary, although they are not our favourite dessert.
Leanne said…
ahhh now that is something I miss being gluten free....
I love mincemeat and I love tarts. But, I won't be making any tarts.