Copper

I've found something else recently to keep me busy, polishing.  I am planning on decorating the new kitchen at the guesthouse by shopping at my main house.  I just know I have enough stuff here so I won't have to buy anything new. As I was thinking about this the other day, I focused on my copper molds. You can see the difference in polished vs unpolished.  It's quite striking.

Many years ago, I started a collection of antique French copper molds.  As I usually do, I got carried away and ended up with about a hundred of them.


A few still hang in my kitchen while most are packed away.

I used to polish them with copper polish and it was a real labor of love.  It took days to bring them back to their shiny selves.


I have 14 foot ceilings and just getting to a lot of them is difficult.


I stumbled across an article recently by another woman that shares my copper addiction.  She mentioned how she cleans hers.

I ran out and bought some of what she uses and started to polish.

And almost effortlessly, my molds shine again.  What is this magic product?


I sure am late to the party with this stuff.  I've always been aware of Bar Keepers Friend but I had no idea it could be used on copper!  I haven't polished a mold in at least 15 years and with a sprinkling of this and very little elbow grease, a magical transformation occurred.  I am such a sucker for a quick fix.  Now I have about 95 more to go!







 

Comments

Barkeeper's Friend is amazing on stainless steel and clawfoot bathtubs. When the lockdown started, Tommy commented that I must not want to face a shortage since I came home with two and had one on the shelf. ZUD works just as well.
Never heard of Bar Keepers Friend before! But then, I am not much of a cleaner.
Mary V said…
Bar keepers friend also removes utensil scratches form Fiestaware! Great stuff.
Rain said…
Your copper collection is stunning, and I love the idea of shopping at your house!!! :)
jaime said…
Bar Keepers Friend, in its various formulas, can clean pretty much everything. It is amazing stuff!

Your copper collection is beautiful.
I really like those molds! Especially the third photo!

Have a great day!

Christer.
Mike said…
I have Bar Keepers Friend in my cabinet. I don't know who bought it and I've never used it. :)
Susan Heather said…
I was looking at my brass yesterday and thinking I must get around to cleaning it. We bought some Bar Keepers Friend and have not used it. Thank you. I will try it later.
Guillaume said…
I love the copper pig.
Unknown said…
Those copper molds are beautiful. Yes, Barkeepers friend is an awesome product and will get out what other cleansers won't. But copper? who knew! Just please don't put it on a tiny stain in your closet wall and ruin an entire section of closet wall. Don't ask me how I know.