Still Not Much To Look At

There is still not much to see in the guest house basement but there is a bit of progress. The beams are fully sanded now.


They've 'aged' the posts and stained them to match the old beams.  It's really quite ingenious close up.  They embedded old screw and nails and such to make them look like they have been here as long as the beams. Everything that is wooden will be stained but they won't be exactly the same because they are all made from different types of wood.  They will be close though.


This is the hardware on one of the new front doors.  Sorry it's sideways but I couldn't turn it around.  They are iron and are very heavy.  These doors will be stained too.


It's not hooked up yet but at least it is finally here and look at how small it is.  The mechanics have all shrunk since I last installed any.  Except for the A/C units, they are still exceptionally large and I have 4 of them going in. I also didn't need a boiler room this big but I'm going to live with it at this point.  It can be used to store cleaning items.


What a fun area...not!  Haha, we are still trying to consolidate and close in this mess.


And, in retrospect, this pipe should have been re-routed and run down through a wall.  I did know this was a possibility so I didn't tell them to move it and they didn't mention that it could have been moved until last week.  The joys of this type of project and another thing I will now be living with. At least they were able to box in the support.


Doesn't this look like an interesting challenge?


One of my doors is in place with hardware and will also be stained.


The big tube sticking out of the wall is for my range hood.  The appliances are being delivered in one month.  The whip cracking is about to begin.  There is a LOT to be done during this next month.  So, hang in there for future progress, I hope we see some big things soon.
 

Comments

Mary V said…
Hard for me to envision still…but I am sure it will be spectacular.
jaime said…
The progress is amazing and the attention to detail these craftsmen are exhibiting is wonderful, the aging the post being a prime example.

I always wonder, when I see the spaghetti nest of wires how does anyone keep the wheres and whys when connecting them to the wheres! ;-)

Leanna said…
Slow but sure. It's getting there, hon.
DrumMajor said…
That's a lot of detailed work. Gazillion wires, and the "fake" wood pole is totally cool. Linda in Kansas
I love to see projects like this.
Guillaume said…
It is getting there. I can already image how it will look like.
Susan said…
Love the sanded and stained posts and beams. The new iron door handle is to die for. All those wires make my head spin.
Unknown said…
It's getting there, slowly, but it's getting there. Gonna be awesome when it's finished.