Flea Finds

A quick post today because it is finally peach canning day. Let me tell you something. Always ALWAYS blanch things to remove skins. I don't know why I have been stubborn in the past and thought I could peel just as fast if I didn't blanch but i was WRONG! When I looked at the piles of peaches I had to peel this morning I threw myself on the floor and cried. When I picked myself up I decided to try blanching. Now I am standing at my sink peeling and whistling while I work! Blanching rules!!! I ran to a flea this morning and got some good deals. Some really good deals. I found this brand new enameled cookbook stand for 3.99.

And it works.

This very heavy old pedestal will be a great plant stand and matched my new porch furniture perfectly. 8.00!

I have collected aluminum ware for years and snagged this divided piece for 6.00. It doesn't have a scratch on it. I use aluminum ware when I entertain outside.

It has a cut tulip knob on top that matches the tulip pattern on the lid.

I watch the weather like no ones business. I was thrilled to find this brand new in the box barometer made in Germany with the directions for 3.99. I looked it up when I got home and found out that it sells for 148.00! Cools beans!!!

Back to the peaches.....can you hear me whistling?

Comments

greekwitch said…
Oh! Good luck! Great findings!
brokenteepee said…
Hmmm, I have a sink full of blanched apricots.

You are so lucky to have shops like that near you.
Anonymous said…
dang! those are some great deals!

and thank you so much for the mustard, i got my mail yesterday. i've yet to try it, but i'll have some today in my sandwich. thanks again, it was very generous of you!
So cool! I love the barometer and aluminum piece. I can't believe you found a flea market open on a Tuesday morning.
Lucky!!!
Great things! I´m a bit jealous actully :-) I can never find good flea markets here.
Have a great day now!
Christer.
I so want to go shopping with you!!! What great finds!

Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy stopping by to see what you are up to! :)

Cheers!
clairedulalune said…
Oh, your recipe book holder is exactly what I am on the hunt for at flea markets at the moment. Love your barometer, I love mine, and I got it from a flea market too and they cost a fortune else where! Great finds!
Lucie Le Blanc said…
Love the book holder ! I have just the book for it : it is written "Spelles" on it ! lolllll

Blanching works great for tomatoes too !
Ancel said…
Really enjoying your blog, such a wonderful clutter of all things good: recipes, dog, flowers, fruit, shopping - a real treat to peruse on a rainy evening dreaming of what to do tomorrow.
I had trouble with jam making today, tried a fruit I've never preserved before, Charichuelo, and realized as I was pulling little squares of paper thin yellow skin from between my teeth that I should have blanched it first. I agree ALWAYS blanch! :)
Hibiscus Moon said…
your home must be huge for all the collections you have. How do you clean it all? Its great stuff!
Sharon Day said…
I can smell the peaches now! That wall weather station is really cool!!!