Sunday, December 4, 2016
|I made this for my family the other day and they really enjoyed it. This is a very hearty soup and is a meal in itself.|
|Saute' several stalks of diced celery and 1 bulb of thinly sliced fennel in a couple tablespoons of olive oil.|
|Cube 10 yellow potatoes and add them to the pot and bring it to a boil then turn it down to simmer for about 25 minutes until the potatoes are tender.|
Saturday, December 3, 2016
I've lived here for almost 30 years and I have never seen the leaves stay on the trees this long into Fall.
|The Weeping Beech is still holding on to her leaves.|
Thursday, December 1, 2016
I can't wait to hear how the kids like it.
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
|I made this earlier today for the kids afternoon meal.|
Tuesday, November 29, 2016
|I made this for my daughter and her chef boyfriend last night. This is a great appetizer or a nice light dinner served with a salad.|
Monday, November 28, 2016
- 2 pounds potatoes, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1½ - 2 pounds smoked sausage sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 stalks of celery diced
- 1 cup diced sweet peppers
- 2 diced carrots
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Dice the carrots, onions and celery. Saute' them along with the diced peppers for a couple ofminutes. Add the stock and the cubed potatoes. I also added broccoli and kale. Add the broth and bring to a low boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender. Add the sliced sausage and cook until heated through. Add the cream and the seasoning. Taste it and adjust if necessary.
- Stir in shredded cheese until melted. Serve immediately.