|A quick post today as I am in the countdown stage for tomorrow's event. I was so busy yesterday that I had to make some cookies to calm down and relax.|
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons anise extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of milk
Glaze:2 cups confectioners sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1/8 tsp. anise extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs and anise extract.
- Blend flour and baking powder. Start by adding about 1/3 of these dry ingredients to the butter and sugar in your mixer. Add 1 T. milk. Add another third of the flour and another 1 T. milk. Mix in the remaining flour.
- Measure out the cookies by using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop. I sprayed mine with cooking spray to keep the dough from sticking.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes. They should just be starting to brown on the bottoms but just barely.
- Mix sugar, milk and extract to make a sugar glaze. It should be thin enough to dip the cookie tops.
- Turn each cookie upside down and dip the tops into the glace. Sprinkle with multi-colored non pariels.
- Place the cookies on a rack to cool. Let them sit out until the glace sets and store in a tight lidded container. The flavor actually gets better after the cookies sit for a few days