Baked Ziti

I did it again. I forgot to take photos of the first steps. But if you want to make it this is how it is done. Take your favorite sauce, I used a sausage based sauce and spread a bit in the bottom of your dish. Boil ziti until al dente. Mix the pasta with some of the sauce and a cup of Parmesan. Put a layer of pasta in the bottom of the dish.


In a bowl mix a large container of ricotta cheese with 3 eggs, fresh chopped basil, s&p and another cup of Parmesan.


Put a layer of the ricotta mixture over the pasta.


Spread it to the edges to cover the pasta.


Add some diced mozzarella and provolone cheese.


Mix the remaining pasta with more diced mozzarella and provolone cheese. I added some fresh cubed mozzarella as well. Spread another layer over the ricotta layer.




Spread it out to the edge.


Cover with extra sauce.


Sprinkle with grated cheese and sprinkle Parmesan on top.


Place in a 350 degree oven. I place foil underneath to catch the inevitable runoff. Bake until cheese is golden and sauce is bubbling on the edges.


Mangia!

Comments

Sharon Day said…
Yum! I can almost smell it!
Wow, I gained 5 pounds just READING about it!