Halloween Lasagna

The only thing that makes this Halloweenie is that it looks like an accident.

I start out by making a big pot of sauce.



I finally invested in a deep lasagna pan.


I mix ricotta with garlic, onion, a bit of oregano, salt, pepper, Parmesan and two eggs.


I use mozzarella. provolone and always thinly sliced black forest ham. Most people don't use ham but believe me, it makes a huge difference. You don't really know it is there but it adds a very good flavor.


Put some sauce on the bottom of the pan to keep it from sticking.


Then a layer of lasagna noodles and a layer of cheese.


Next a layer of ham.


Then spread a thin layer of the ricotta mixture.


Another layer of cheese.


More sauce.


More noodles...you get the idea.


Cheese


Ham again


Ricotta......yawn.



Layer it until it is almost full.


Cover it all with sauce.


Sprinkle the top with Parmesan.


Bake it in a 375 degree oven for about an hour. It's done when it is bubbling around the edges.


Halloween lasagna.


I made it for the people that don't like bat stew.


This is what happens when you cut it when it is too hot because you are trying to take pictures for your blog. But I guess having a molten mess makes it look better for Halloween.

The bat stew recipe will be posted on Halloween!

Comments

Tori said…
Yummy looking! I'm glad it's dinner time.
Suzie said…
Ooooh, that look sooo ooooey, goooey, GOOD!! I've never used ham in mine, but will have to give it a try! Thanks for the recipe!!
Anonymous said…
*drool* Do you take boarders?! I'd PAY to live in your house and eat all this yummy food you make. And pet Teddy! :P
Anonymous said…
yum! I want some!

Eddie
William Bezek said…
Thanks...looks Super-Good! Except...I try not to eat pork (they are smarter than dogs you know?) unless Julia demands I do! You just can't make Boeuf Bourguignon without bacon!!! It's a love/hate kind of thing with that recipe!
Laura said…
ham in lasagne?...i must consider this... :-)

blessings
~*~
Caz said…
That looks excellent! We used to make 'brains & veins' for Halloween every year... chili with ground beef and macaroni noodles hehehe. The kids just loved it & cracked up every time.
Divaeva said…
oh my! *licks lips* looks delicious!
Sharon Day said…
I'll have mine with a hunk of herbed garlic bread. :-)
Rue said…
I don't think I've ever seen a lasagne that looks that good! (Don't tell my mother!)
BelladonnasJoy said…
I was getting hungry BEFORE I saw this perfect lasagna. YUM!! I'll have to try ham in mine next time. Thanks for the recipe. Happy Halloween tomorrow.
Nydia said…
I can smell it here! It must be sooo yummy!