Friday, May 21, 2010

The Good Stuff VS The Thrift Shop

Remember this table I found months ago for 12.00?


And the fugly stool for 10.00?


I reupholstered the stool but was not quite sure what to do with it.


Recently I picked up this lamp for 2.99 at a thrift store and I redid the shade to match the stool.


Click for a close up.


Yesterday I painted the table gold.


I used a matt gold on it.


Long ago I bought this Patina secretary. I designed it myself and it took over a year to get it.


Click to enlarge. It has hand painted cherubs across the front and insects all along the sides. Dragonflies and bees and the like.


I even covered the stool with bee fabric.


It is quite a regal piece.


This is another patina piece which I also designed.


Here is my 14.99 bench from the other day....perfect at the foot of my bed.


And here is my new side table, lamp and stool. The trio cost a total of about 25.00.


Blends in nicely with the good stuff!

16 comments:

Linda said...

You are one talented lady! Love how it all turned out and it looks beautiful in your room!

jenana said...

But *where* do you find this stuff??? I've never seen this type of stuff at our thrift stores... you're so lucky!!

Erin @ I Heart New England said...

Wow, what a beautiful room you have!! I love the Patina secretary, and the bench at the foot of your bed! ♥

the wild magnolia said...

By your creativity and ingenuity your home and gardens provide comfort and beauty.

Good job!

xoxo to Teddy Love!

Zoey and Me said...

I pulled an old Hoosier cabinet out of a barn years ago and it had 11 coats of paint on to remove. Took me all summer but WOW was it beautiful when I brought it back. We proudly have it in our dining room and use it to store stuffs.

Lisa said...

Looks amazing! I'm so inspired and in a decorating mood!

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

beautiful room - stunning secretary!

everything does blend marvelously - very clever!

Pricilla said...

Very regal indeed!

Sharlene T. said...

I want addresses to her antique stores...yup, that's what I want...it is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing...come visit when you can...

Tammie Lee said...

you are quite talented and inspiring!

Bridgett said...

The room is so gorgeous!
I want you to design all my furniture! :)

Crystalrainbow said...

You are just far too clever :) x xx

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

beautiful....and YES! Teddy has all of my attention....what a precious little handful of love...I ADORE him...and have been back making the tarts...she said, just raise your prices..so I did...

i have been really bad about blogging....

i'll get back at it....

sending love and hugs to you and Teddy

kary and teddy
xxx

Teresa said...

What an absolutely beautiful room. I think all of the things in there are the good stuff once you finish with them.

Lin said...

It's ALL good stuff now. :)

Deb said...

The Good Stuff is beautiful, of course, but I love your thrift store finds. You are the queen of thrifty bargains! If I ever found such a clever little table, I am certain I would have had to pay several times as much.
You have inspired me not to be timid, but to do what I want with a simple little side table I have: mosaic the top with random squares of vitreous glass, and paint the edge (and perhaps beyond) with a metallic paint. Thanks for all the things you share.....Deb