Tennis Anyone?

I found the cutest pasta recently. They look like little tennis rackets.


And that is what they are called.


My garden was full of basil and I had just made some oven roasted tomatoes.


Time for pesto pasta! Following is my recipe for this dish:

Pesto

4 full cups of fresh basil. I use the stems too. Why not? They are full of flavor.

4 cloves of peeled garlic

Fresh ground pepper and sea salt to taste

Juice from 1/2 lemon

6 tablespoons of pine nuts.

Place all of the above ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until it is all diced equally.

Then as the processor is processing....drizzle in 1 cup of good olive oil.

Scrape this into a bowl and stir in 1/2 cup of grated romano cheese and 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese. Stir to blend thoroughly.


Pesto Pasta

After boiling the pasta, drain and reserve 1 cup of the pasta liquid. Please make sure to salt the water before boiling the pasta. I had my roasted tomatoes but you could use some halved cherry tomatoes. After draining the pasta I mixed it with the tomatoes and their juices. Then I stirred in the pesto. Then add enough of the reserved pasta water until the mixture is creamy. Adding the tomatoes makes a smoother pesto pasta dish. You could skip the tomatoes altogether if you wish. This can be eaten cold, room temp or warm.



My first two eggplants (Ichiban)!

Comments

I just love owen rosted tomatoes and pesto! But I´ve never eaten it with small tennis rackets :-) :-)

Great egg plants! hey can´t grow outside a green house up here in the north. I simply have to buy a green house!
Have a great day now!
Christer.
Tennis pasta is a twist, but good pasta, is good pasta. The Roasted Tomato Pesto sounds real tasty and I will give this a try.

Wishing you a good day!

xoxo to "Teddy Summer Day"
Sharlene T. said…
Guess what we're having for dinner tonight! Yup, got fresh basil in the garden, fresh garlic and a hearty appetite... thanks for sharing...

Twitter: SolarChief
this is just about my favorite meal....pesto pasta...i LOVE it..those tennis rackets are way to cute...just in time for Wimbleton too....

I have your recipe for the Zucchini Casserole all written out sitting in my kitchen window...can hardly wait to make it.....

are you still in a heat wave?

Teddy is looking at me saying...who ya writing too, mama?

we are bbqing burgers tonight..last night we bbqed a boat load of king crab..what a feast...crab, butter and lemon...and a mozzarella caprese salad...aahhhh summer..

kary and teddy
xxx
Celia said…
Sounds delicious! I will have to try it....but I don't think they have the tennis pasta around here.....
Yum! Eggplant is my favorite!!! :)

Cheers!
brokenteepee said…
Beautiful eggplants!

I always make a huge batch of pesto and freeze it in ice cube trays. Then I have it all year long.

It freezes beautifully.
Soraya said…
Looks Delicious! I love the tennis shaped pasta :-p It adds character to the dish :-p
Yummy, yummy, yummy! This I HAVE to make! ♥
Guillaume said…
Yum. Nuff said. I might blog about pasta myself soon.
Divaeva said…
oh yum yum! I just picked up the cutest pasta - tri-colored with flowers, shells, leaves curly cues, etc...figured I could use it for a yummy pasta salad for my next get together....but now that you posted this...i have other plans!
Mystica said…
The pesto sounds marvellous
Nice eggplants!

My basil just isn't growing well this year, so ,no homemade pesto from my garden. I'll have to hit the farmer's market.
This recipe looks yummy...
LisaDay said…
Wow. All our plants are tiny and you already have produce. The recipe sounds great.

LisaDay