Shrimp and Spaghetti

This is an excellent quick dish.


Thinly slice some mushrooms.


Dice 5 cloves of garlic.


Boil some thin spaghetti. I used 2 pounds but you can easily cut this in half. Drain the spaghetti and set it aside.


Melt some butter in a heavy pot. I used 1 stick.


Saute the mushrooms in the butter over high heat.


Add 1 T. of dried thyme, 1 T. of cracked black pepper and 2 tsp. of salt.


Add the garlic.


Push the mushroom mixture to the side of the pot and add the raw shrimp.


Cook the shrimp over high heat turning them to cook evenly.


The shrimp will turn pink when they are cooked.


Add 3 T. of sherry.


Add 3 cups of chicken broth.


Add the cooked spaghetti.


Stir it all around to coat all of the spaghetti and distribute the sauce and shrimp. Add a cup of grated Romano cheese.


Sprinkle in some chopped fresh parsley.


Serve it with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.

This was the first meal I made for my husband when I first met him.30 years ago.

Comments

I am a pasta-holic and this will be delicious and so quick! Love it!

Thank you!

Wishing you a fine day.

xoxo to "Teddy Snow Angel".
aaawwwww....love the first dish story....mine was chicken kiev...how dated is that one?

and he LOVED it...i should make that soon....this looks wonderful...pasta and pizza both send me....

bread baking today :-)

kary and l'il teddy
What a wonderful change of pace from our heavy winter dishs. Plus shrimp was on sale at the grocery this week. I am so lucky to have you.
This one is sooo delicious! But I don´t think I´ve ever seen raw shrimps even in the fish markets.

Well those giant ones are usually raw, but not the common ones we have here. But this will be good with the cooked ones too.

Have a great day now!
Christer.
Anonymous said…
That looks so very yummy !!!
I have to try that.
Have a great day.

Monique aka Moncha
brokenteepee said…
Yummy!
I just bought that same sherry to replenish the ole pantry.

I am making doughnuts today.
Oh you and your cookery wiles! Mr. Jaz didn't have a chance. I'm sure his heart was yours by the end of the meal!
Oh my lord, this looks amazing... if I ever become rich, I'm hiring you as my personal chef ;) ♥
Guillaume said…
Pasta and products of the sea is always a nice mix. This one I would love to try.
Bears Fan said…
This looks Delicious! I am going to have to give this a try! Yum YUM! Thanks for sharing!
Amanda said…
i can smell garlic miles and miles away....looks as delicious as sounds...i'm getting my pans ready for this recipe this weekend, thanks again jaz :)
BennuBird said…
Finally getting out to the grocery store to pick up some of the ingredients to make your big balls and now I have to buy shrimp too! Looks like we are in for a a bit of snow the next few days stay warm and make sure teddy gets extra treats too.
Jaz, that link to Shut Up Jesus was just TOO MUCH!!!! I feel guilty for laughing so hard. Thanks!
Ash said…
That looks AMAZING! I love shrimp, AND pasta. Definitely gonna try this one soon.
Suzie said…
Awww, what a sweet story. .you were sneaky to entice him with such a wonderful meal right away. .he truly didn't have a chance, bewitching him with your culinary spells, but I'm sure that he, and especially your kids are glad that you did!!

For some reason, this looks like Springtime to me, and I'm going to have to try it!
Anonymous said…
Two of my favorite food in one dish. I can't wait to try this recipe.

You have such a sweet memory to go with it.
doglady said…
This shrimp and scallop season in Maine so there are vendors parked all over with coolers full of fresh raw shrimp, frozen picked shrimp and cooked picked shrimp plus scallops. I think I'll try this recipe.