Stuffed Peppers Recipe

I hardly ever make stuffed peppers but I saw some really nice peppers at the market and thought I would make them.


To 2 pounds of ground meat, I added a diced medium onion and lots of diced garlic. Add 1 cup of cooked rice ( I used brown) and 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese.


Add salt and pepper and diced parsley. Mix in 2 eggs, 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese and a log of goat cheese. Mix this together and fry a small piece and taste for seasoning. Adjust accordingly.


I used Cubanelle and Poblano peppers. The Poblanos are a bit spicy.


Halve the peppers and remove the veins and seeds. Stuff each pepper with the meat filling.


Drizzle with olive oil and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 1 hour or until they are cooked through.


The finished Poblanos.


The cubanelles........Yum!


Drain the juice from the peppers and add it to a can of crushed tomatoes in a skillet. Add some grated cheese, I used 1/2 cup of Asiago.


Mix the tomato sauce into a pound of boiled spaghetti.


Serve one of each pepper on top of a bed of the spaghetti.


Sprinkle with a bit of Parmesan cheese.


Mangia!

Comments

Anonymous said…
you know,, I think I can taste these ,, in my mind!!Yummo!
greekwitch said…
As you know greeks love stuffed peppers and tomatoes! Your recipe looks fantastic and it is also relatively light. I am making them tomorrow. You always come up with great ideas! Brightest blessings!
Suzie said…
Blogger is still acting goofy. Even though I checked back several times yesterday, I didn't get this post until this morning, on the second time of checking in!

But it was well worth the wait! I love your spin on stuffed peppers, and am going to have to give them a try!
Ollamha Anne said…
My hubby likes to make stuffed green chili peppers, and it seems to me that the main ingredient is always every last scrap of cheese in the refrigerator... But they are a huge hit with kids and adults alike...
Rue said…
I love stuffed peppers (and tomatoes!) I'm not a green pepper fan, but red, orange, yellow, purple or brown are all yummy. These look so great!
brokenteepee said…
I make stuffed peppers for the hubby when they come in in the garden. He loves them. I can't eat them - I am severely allergic.
Guillaume said…
And I thought stuffed pepper was a starter.
Anonymous said…
I do like stuffed peppers but I usually use the bigger paprika's instead. A bit tame in taste perhaps to be honest :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
Anonymous said…
Delightful! I love the idea of serving them on a bed of spaghetti.
Cathy said…
What a great idea! I never thought to stuff the poblano's with the stuffing I use for green peppers! I think everyone will like this better since my adult sons eat the filling and toss the green pepper!