Obatzda Recipe

Mmmmmm.....make this. You will not be sorry! Obatzda is served in almost all German beer halls.


Put 4 tablespoons of butter, 8 oz. of cream cheese, 2 tsp. worcestershire sauce, 2 tablespoons of granulated garlic and 1 grated small white onion in the bowl of your mixer.


Add several diced shallots.


Add 1 tablespoon of paprika. Add some salt and pepper. Beat to mix.


Add 1 cup of grated cheddar.


Add dark beer tablespoon by tablespoon mixing to get a spreadable consistency. I did not have dark beer so I used light. I used about 1/4 cup.


Cube a round of Brie or Camembert into 1/4 inch cubes.


Leave the rind on. You want the cubes to stay intact.


I made a LOT of this for my daughter's event tonight. Make it a day ahead to give the flavor a chance to improve.


Serve several scoops with pretzels or dark bread.

The Blog Tech is driving all the food I made to my daughter for her event this evening. He is then heading off to a music concert. He will be doing guest blogs through Monday. He likes keeping me Blog Tech dependent!

Comments

brokenteepee said…
It looks like ice cream!!!
Anonymous said…
I was thinking just the same as Pricilla :-) :-) It does look like ice cream :-) Anything with cheese in it must be delicious :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
Barbara F. said…
My friend and I are going to a nearby German bierhaus for lunch next week, and I am going to look for this! I wish I had a "Blog Tech" around here. I am quite technically challenged. :) xo
oh...this on on my list !!!!

john will LOVE this !!! i will too...and it's perfect for Fall....

getting the stuff at the grocery tomorrow....

kary and l'il teddy
I will have this made before the sun goes down today. Perfect to have on hand for the week end. Thanks!
TARYTERRE said…
Never heard of this. Sounds interesting.
Diane said…
Oh wow, bookmarked for my next get-together. Thanks for this one. Diane
Suzanne said…
I cant wait to try this one!

Kiss Teddy for Bella
Anonymous said…
Looks great as a side snack.May be with Bayern pretzeln:) What a strange name for german dish...:)
that looks great. i hope you get lots of photos of the event, i would love to see all the food and setup!!
Anonymous said…
this is a very tempting one for sure,, I think I might have this made before the sun goes down too, ( I love that),, you have a very good son you do!!
Barb said…
That looks yummy! Hope the blog tech has fun!!!
Anonymous said…
This looks very yummy!

Teresa
trump said…
I've never heard of that one before, it has that cheesy look to it. Which means that i must have it,lol. Looks like a great football game snack with my favorite beer, American of course!. Richard from Amish Stories.