Salem II

We went back to Salem yesterday.


We visited all of the witch shops. When we were in this one, a woman came in and asked if they had dust that you could sprinkle on you to make you fly. They said no, they do not carry such a thing. I was so disappointed, I wanted the woman to buy some and I was going to follow her home. I wonder if such a thing exists and do they put a disclaimer on it?


A message on a pole!


Messages everywhere...some scarier than others.


Lots to be seen.


The Blog Tech was a really good sport once again!



The depths of his goofiness never cease to amaze me.


Treats for sale.



The Blog Tech is in the stocks.


We always visit the Old Burying Point.


The tombstones are so interesting.


Oh no!!! Dead Blog Tech. He dies here every year. He has done this for me since he was 3 or 4 years old.



I love this house right next to The Burying Point. I have no idea why it never goes up for sale. I would love to live right next to The Burying Point.

This zombie is seriously scary. He moves and he is covered in bugs.


A grapevine pentagram.


I told The Blog Tech that I was going to buy the 'I'm With Creepy' t-shirt and wear it when I am hanging out with him.


There are lots of historical houses bearing plaques all over town.


What a cute place.


And then I spotted this.


A cute name for a restaurant.


And then it was time for The Blog Tech to do his thing again.


More tomorrow!!!

Comments

Guillaume said…
Oh I loooove this pics!
Anonymous said…
I'm not a town or city person but I think I would love to live in Salem :-) :-)

Great photographs!

Have a great continuing of Your trip!
Christer.
I miss Salem! I hope to go again next year.
Anonymous said…
great photos and what a wonderful town.Your really have such a good relationship with your son,, I think he has your sense of humor!
The shops are really unusual and this must just be the best time to visit.
brokenteepee said…
I would not want to be covered in bugs!
Candace said…
Hee...Mr. Squash say we have dust that attracts flies - wonder if she was looking for that - lol! I love old cemetaries - there is so much history to learn from them! We're really enjoying your trip!
Cheers!
Anonymous said…
Great stuff.People really got creative to bring Halloween feeling about;)
Marigold said…
I believe the house next to the Burying Point is haunted. Probably back in the old days they had goats and neglected to feed them any Peanuts - thus they are still there ... looking ... waiting ...

That blog tech. He's a hoot!

Can't wait for tomorrow!
Barb said…
Just love today's photos. The old graves are so interesting! We visited Plymouth and took lots of pictures in the cemetery! The blog tech is a GREAT sport!!!!!
Yes, the Blog Tech is REMARKABLY good natured but then again, you feed him so well that he has the best of self-interested reasons to keep on your good side!
I Wonder Wye said…
My dear friend Mo moved to Popsham. She went to Salem last Halloween - I AM SO JEALOUS!! Thanks for the photos!! more please...
Wonderful photo's! They had Salem on the national news tonight. I looked for you guys, but too many people.
TARYTERRE said…
The Zombie with the bugs has my name on it for Halloween. Seriously, I'm hoping a plane to Salem and am bringing it home. And if you find some of that dust to make you fly, let me know, it'll make my trip so much faster. Looks like the Blog Tech was a good sport throughout your visit. Had to chuckle over I'm with Creepy t-Shirt. But The Old Burying Point is my favorite spot. It's to die for. I just love old cemetaries. Looking forward to the next round of photos.
You must have a lot of laughs with the Blog Tech! Lovely pics - I love those old houses.
Toriz said…
What? No magic flying powder? How can that be? LOL!
carolochs said…
So much fun to see! :)
Unknown said…
I am just like you. I would love to live beside the Burying Point.