Cut Out Cookies

I have been baking these cookies for longer than I can remember. These were my favorites when I was a little girl.


Place 1 cup of butter, 1 cup of sugar and 2 tsp. of vanilla.



Add 1 egg and beat until fluffy.


Put the paddle on your mixer.


Beat in 1/8 tsp. of salt, 1/2 tsp. of baking powder and 3 cups of flour.


Roll out on a lightly floured surface and cut into desired shapes.


Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. They should just be starting to brown on the bottom.


Let them cool on racks. Then stack them and make a confectioners sugar glaze. Mix confectioners sugar with milk to a spreading consistency.


You can tint the glaze if you wish. I finish them off with sanding sugar.


Comments

Long time since I ate that kind of cookies and I really can't remember how they taste, but I know I ate lots of them :-) :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
Amish Stories said…
Another great recipe October, and cookies in general seem to be a long standing tradition for most folks. Richard
laurie said…
beautiful, the touch of silver makes them just perfect.! I made thimble cookies last night and as I said in my post, 7 dozen.
I felt like i was baking like you, in large quantities!
Pricilla said…
I don't know if my comment went through or not...blogger! OY!

You and your daughter have been very busy!
injoyinmylife said…
Another beautiful cookie from !!! Looks yummy.
Robin Larkspur said…
Gorgeous!! I will take 5 dozen please!! lol!
This will be my next batch of cookies. They are beatiful. Like you I love a simple cookie. Simple is all I can handle right now!
Silver bells! Ting-a-ling-a-ling!
Marigold said…
Do visions of sugarplums dance in your head at night? ")
Barbara F. said…
These look beautiful buttery and delicious....I could feast here all day!!! I admire your energy level. I wish I could boost mine up a few notches. xo
edenhills said…
I'm actually going to try and make cookies when I get my goat cookie cutter! I can hardly wait, and this would be a good recipe to try.
TARYTERRE said…
I would not tint the glaze. They look beautiful in white.
Joyce, in counting all the good things in my life, I have to say I love your blog. I tried so many of your recipes and the pictures are a feast as well. Thank you so much and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
What is the shape of the cookie in the first picture? The bells, I "get". But can't figure out what the first shape is!

Thanks! -Juli