Easy French Bread

I know I have posted this before so this is for those of you who have missed it or not yet made it.


If you want to give it a try, click here: http://octoberfarm.blogspot.com/2012/01/french-bread.html


This recipe makes two large loaves. The Blog Tech ate half of a loaf in a couple minutes.


I am making something tomorrow that this will be eaten with. It is going to be a very good recipe so stay tuned.


I like having stale loaves of this to use for French toast.



Make sure to roll the baguette tight.


It took about 2 hours from start to finish to make these and that includes rising time and baking time.


Brush it with egg whites.

Slash before baking.


It smells heavenly!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't know why but French bread is soooo tasty :-) That and some different cheese, meatballs, ham and beetroot salad and life is good :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
Anonymous said…
Wonderful !!! There's nothing like freashly baked French bread !!!!
LindaG said…
Looks Great! Thanks for sharing with us. Look forward to tomorrow. :o)
Anonymous said…
yumm, I like the new header as well, lovely mix of daffodils and of course it wouldn't be yours without the pumpkin.Have a wonderful sunday,I wonder what you're having with that wonderful bread!
Barbara F. said…
I wish you had a cooking school, Joyce. It would be very popular. xo
Guillaume said…
I like a nice baguette with cheese and red wine.
I have made this a few times, and it's the best and easiest French bread in the world. Making more tomorrow.
Nellie said…
We LOVE fresh-baked bread. French bread sounds like a worthy project VERY soon!
brokenteepee said…
I love homemade bread!
Anonymous said…
I can smell it baking as we speak. Oh yummy, can't wait until tomorrow!
Debbie said…
Looks delicious Joyce!! You are amazing and apparently your daughter has taken right after you! What great ideas she has....do they come from you?
SharleneT said…
For those of you who have NOT tried this recipe, go do it, now! You'll be having it every night. Delicious.