Breakfast For The Kids

I made breakfast for the kids and took it to them in the guest house on Saturday.


The firefighter loves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches so I made him some from scratch.  I used the sandwich bread I baked the other day.  I ground honey roasted peanuts and made peanut butter.


I cut up a bunch of strawberries.


And made strawberry jam.


This is how I now slice bread!  I hold it down with the back of my forearm and pray!


I made some of the peanut butter chunky and some smooth and spread a bit of both for each sandwich.


If you like PB&J's, you should try one of these someday.


They left this morning with full tummies and a trunk full of food!

Comments

Dee said…
You are such a good Mom and it seems a great cook!
Barbara F. said…
Wow.......Taurus women.......xo
brokenteepee said…
I'm surprised they left. :)
Talk about room service! I have tried these, except I cheated and bought peanut butter at the healthfood store. No grape jelly for me! You are very creative with your bread slicing.
Tournesol said…
Wow! Homemade peanut butter and jelly, you make it sound so easy! I wish you were my mom : ) Breakfast looks wonderful.
Barb said…
Lucky kids and a lucky Mom!
Guillaume said…
Sometimes I wish I was still a kid.
Robin Larkspur said…
Fabulous!!! You are such a trooper!
Unknown said…
What can I say? You leave me breathless!! And your kids are soo lucky to have a mom like you ....
TARYTERRE said…
I haven't had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in years. What an amazing MOM you are. IMPRESSED with your bread slicing technique. I hope you let them clean up after themselves. LOL Take care.
Toriz said…
Sounds like the best PB&J sandwhich in the world! :)
Michele said…
Oh my, you'll never get rid of that kid now! Everything looked so wonderful.
LindaG said…
I love peanut butter. You should do a post some day. :o)

Hope everyone said thank you for that fabulous food!
LindaG said…
I meant you should post your recipe some time. I'd love to know how to make my own peanut butter. :o)

*hugs* Hope you're feeling a little better today. ♥
jody said…
i love cooking for my children when they come home. but i bet theyed love you to cook for them too! i have left over southwest chicken pitas for lunch today...
enjoy your day! take care of that thumb.
chickpea678 said…
My goodness, you are thoughtful and welcoming!
SharleneT said…
Yummy! Love crunchy peanut butter and fresh jam. I hope your hand is feeling a little better. It still looks swollen. Where is that Blog Tech?!?! Why isn't he doing the hard work? You should be playing Master Sergeant, until that cost is off... I'm guessing your daughter had a trunkload of yummy goodies, too.