Dutch Asparagus

Long ago when I Lived in Toronto, there was a Dutch restaurant in Port Credit that we ate at a lot. This is how they prepared their asparagus and I still make it this way 30 years later. It is that good! My eggs usually look better than this but I am doing this with one hand!



Melt some butter in a pan and add the asparagus.


Sprinkle it with salt and pepper and cook it over high heat until it begins to blister and brown. Keep turning it so it blisters on all sides.

Lay some slices of very good Gouda on a plate.


Lay the cooked asparagus over the cheese. Pour the remaining browned butter over it. Sit this in a 160 degree oven.


Fry as many eggs as you want, sprinkling them with salt and pepper. Place them on top of the warm asparagus. Scoop some of the cheese with the asparagus and an egg on top. Break the yolk and let it run over the asparagus.

I had my physical yesterday so I am set to go early tomorrow. I hope to be back here on Thursday!

Comments

chickpea678 said…
Yum! I will definitely be making this!
Carole said…
Hi there. I was looking at this great dish you linked in to Food on Friday: Asparagus. I realized that I haven't been following your blog. Sorry about that. I have signed up to follow now. It would be great if you followed Carole's Chatter back. Have a super week.