Garlic Rapini and Cheese Sandwiches

I have my surgery scheduled for early Wednesday morning and pre-op testing for tomorrow so I will most likely not be posting for a couple days. I might be able to tomorrow but I don't have my appointment scheduled yet so I am not sure. I have never been so excited for surgery. It's been a week since this happened. My thumb feels weird and creepy. Though I have a splint on it, if I move it the tiniest bit it feels like a jolt of electricity hits it. I know that has to be the severed tendon talking to me! So, I say, get on with it and let the healing begin!!!

Anyway, here are some very tasty sandwiches I made over the weekend. They are vegetarian and very good.


Use a nice sturdy roll for these. I used mini ciabattas.


Pour a bit of olive oil in a heavy pot and add a bunch of rapini, also known as broccoli rabe. Sprinkle it with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Cook over high heat stirring until it starts to wilt and the edges brown.


Brush both interior sides of the rolls with garlic butter and broil until golden. Lay some mozzarella and provolone on each side of the roll.


This is what the rapini will look like.


Broil these until the cheese melts and starts to brown.


Add a pile of rapini to each roll.


Serve these while they are still warm.

Comments