Pizza Buns

I saw these on Mennonite Women Can Cook the other day and they reminded me of something I used to eat when I was young. They aren't pretty but they are good! And you can whip then up in no time at all. Kids love them!



Brown some ground beef and Italian sausage in a skillet. Sprinkle it with granulated garlic, salt and pepper and some Italian seasoning.



Stir in some diced pepperoni.


Add some diced onions and peppers. I also added black olives.


It is hard to focus the camera with the stump! Add 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce.



Add some pizza sauce.


Add diced mozzarella and provolone cheese.



Butter some buns. I used homemade buns but you can just buy some or use English muffins. Sprinkle with granulated garlic and broil until toasty.

Stir the mixture thoroughly and spread a good amount on each bun half.


Broil until the cheese melts and the tops start to turn golden.

I served them with the Turkish salad I made the other day.

I am off to see the doctor today! I sure hope this mammoth bandage comes off. I was standing in the kitchen at 5:00am with a chopstick stuck inside of the bandage trying to scratch an itch! Time for it to go!

Comments

chickpea678 said…
Don't scratch that itch! I did that with a knitting needle when I was 12 and had my arm in a cast. When the cast came off, I had a handsome sore from my scratching! Thanks for this recipe! Little daughter LOVES pepperoni these days!
Patty said…
sounds yummy, I need to try that
SharleneT said…
My older sister used to make open-faced hamburgers when she was first married. They didn't have much money but could make a loaf of bread feed a gang. She'd toast the bread like your buns, then add the hamburger mix to the top before broiling. I like the English Muffin idea, the best. Thanks for the reminder and the recipe. Don't scratch the itch. THINK it away!