Asian Pork Buns

I've shown these before but I thought it was worthwhile posting them again in case you missed it.  These are simple and very good.

Place 2 pounds of ground pork in a  bowl.  Add 1 small grated onion and a bunch of fresh chopped cilantro.

Add some salt and pepper and some granulated garlic. If using fresh garlic, mince 4 cloves.  Add 3 tablespoons of grated fresh ginger.  Add 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, 3 tablespoons of soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of fish sauce.

Add 2 eggs and mix together very well and fry a small piece to taste it.  Adjust seasoning accordingly.

For the dough, mix 1  1/2 cups of water, 1/2 cup of oil, some salt and pepper and 5-6 cups of flour.  Knead until you have a smooth dough.

Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces.

Roll each piece out to about a six inch circle.

Place a large scoop of the filling in the center of the dough.

Fold the edges towards the middle.

Pull all the edges together and give them a good twist and pinch together.

Place them on an oiled cookie sheet turning to coat all sides.

For the dipping sauce;  mix a jar of sweet chili sauce with 3 tablespoons of hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon fish sauce and 2 tablespoon of soy sauce.  Add some srirachi sauce for heat if you wish it to be spicy.

Cook the buns in a skillet over medium heat until they are golden on both sides.

Finish them off in a 350 degree oven for 15  minutes.

Comments

Anonymous said…
yummmmmm, those look wonderful!!!
TARYTERRE said…
I love things you can DIP. YUMMY!
I could really use a couple of those now. Hopefully I'll get these made this week. Everything in the garden is demanding my attention.
Guillaume said…
That looks really delicious. And this is coming from a guy who doesn't like pork much.
HappyCrone said…
reminds me of my Pow Wow burgers, to die for yum
Anonymous said…
Yes these are well worth seeing again :-) I've made them once and will again :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
brokenteepee said…
I'm sure they would be quite yummy
SharleneT said…
I can't believe it's been this long. I'm up to my elbows in harvests and dehydrating veggies and getting ready for the big Solar Cookout at the Market this August 4th. I'm wearing about 24 hats, right now. But, I love these and that dough recipe. Tried them, the last time, and their my go-to recipe for any filled pastie. How's the hand? Haven't seen anything about it, in a while, and you've obviously been working your fingers to the bone! Hugs. Come visit when you.
Rue said…
SO worth posting again. Except now I'm hungry and it's 11pm and I don't like to eat before bed. I knew I should have waited until the morning to check in at your blog!
chickpea678 said…
Yum Joyce! These look great and normally I'm not a big fan of pork. Although the other day, out at a Chinese restaurant with my parents, my dad said, "I'll have what he's having" pointing to a lone Chinese male diner and it turned out to be pork belly AND delicious!
Michele said…
Made them tonight. Everyone loved them. The dipping sauce was killer. The pork mixture was so flavorful. It would make great pot stickers too. Thanks.
luckybunny said…
Made these tonight - and we love em! I mean, really love them. And they are so easy to make. Hubby says they are as good as the pork buns he remembers from San Fran! I know I'll be making these often. The dipping sauce is perfect with them. Thank you and thank you for this recipe!