White Chicken Chili

I had a lot of things I could have posted today but I pushed them all aside to post this chili recipe.  I rarely order white chili when we are out because I have always found it to be pasty and bland.  Not this recipe.  It is tough to stop eating this chili.  It was a huge hit with everyone.  Start by roasting a chicken or using a rotisserie chicken from the deli.  If you roast your own chicken, pour the drippings into a bowl and refrigerate until the fat forms a solid on top.  Skim the fat off and use the remainder in place of the chicken stock.

Saute' a large diced onion in 3 T. of oil.  When the onions begin to soften, sprinkle them with 1/4 C. of flour and stir for a few minutes.  Slowly add 1 C. of chicken broth or the leftover drippings.  Next, add 2 C. of milk.

Add 1 tsp. of the hot sauce of your choice.

Add 3 T. of chili powder.  I used Kaboom which is a chili powder blend.

Add 3 tsp. of cumin powder.  Whisk this all together.  Cook stirring often until it begins to thicken.  It won't take long.

Add 1 can of white beans such as great northern and 1 can of pinto beans.

Add 2  4 0z. cans of diced green chilies.  You can find these in the Mexican section of your grocery store.

Add all of the meat from the chicken.  Dice it or pull it into strips.

Add 1  1/2 C. of shredded Monterey Jack cheese.

Simmer until ready to eat.  This is even better the second day if you can wait until then to eat it.  Thin with milk if need be.

Serve it with a sprinkling of fresh cilantro and use either Totino scoops or Frito Scoops to shovel it into your mouth.

Teddy is licking her lips because it smells so good.

Comments

That looks amazing! I would need a shovel...
brokenteepee said…
Does Teddy do jalepenoes?
This is the best looking recipe for chicken chili I have seen. I'm making it tomorrow. Thanks!
jody said…
the cobblers are coming to cobblestone corner next wed.. sounds like a perfect meal. kids are coming this weekend...thanx goodness i found your blog! love your recipes! enjoy your day
Guillaume said…
Chicken and chilli is always a nice mix.
Do you mean a little shovel or a big snow shovel, LOL?
Nellie said…
Chicken Chili! One of my favorites! Thanks for this recipe!
TARYTERRE said…
It was 95 in the shade. As good as that chili sounds. I'm saving it for autumn weather.
Ina in Alaska said…
Drooling. I can modify this to suit my current eating plan!