Green Goddess Dressing

My herbs are growing in abundance so it was time to make old fashioned green goddess dressing.


It's so easy and so good.  Place bunches of fresh herbs in your food processor.  I used tarragon, chives, basil, parsley and dill.

Add a few anchovies.   Your dressing will not taste fishy at all so don't skip this step.

Saute' a diced onion with 3 diced garlic cloves.

Add 3/4 C. of mayo and 1/2 C. of sour cream.

Add 3 T. of white vinegar.  Add some salt and pepper.

Pulse it until it is all blended thoroughly.

A nice large jar of fresh dressing.

Perfect on any of your summer salads.

Comments

brokenteepee said…
Mmmm, I can imagine how good it would be!
Anonymous said…
I agree with Patty, I can just imagine, yum!
TARYTERRE said…
The Green Goddess dressing sounds good. But that salad pictured has my mouthwatering. Happy 4th.
Guillaume said…
Thundering cliché here: yum!
I wish I had that salad and dressing in front of me right now. Perfect for this hot weather.
Ina in Alaska said…
I WILL make this! And I agree about the anchovies. They absolutely and positively DO NOT add a fishy taste. I use anchovies in my Caesar Salad dressing all the time! And I also share anchovies with my pups! They LOVE anchovies!
chickpea678 said…
Could you magically make that bottle of dressing appear at my house? I'm going to make this--it looks too yummy not to!
A wonderful way to worship the Goddess!
Anonymous said…
Gorgeous dressing and a wonderful salad, i tried to make a dressing like this the other day and it was rubbish now I can see why! have a lovely day! c
Suzanne said…
I have always wondered how that's made! I cant wait to try.
Nancy said…
I have always loved this dressing. Thanks for a tried and true recipe. Bottled from the grocery store just isn't right.
SharleneT said…
Just when the garden is coming in full steam. Perfect timing. Will pick up some anchovies on the morrow! Thanks for sharing and come visit when you can.
John'aLee said…
Do you know, that every time I think of going to the web for a food recipe...that it is your blog that I think of! Above Food Network or Pioneer Woman.....if that tells you anything! You are amazing and just wanted to let you know!

This recipe looks downright yummy too! Gotta try it!