I know I said that the Food Post was going up today, but it's going to have to wait until tomorrow because we have what is supposed to a tremendous seafood buffet to go to later on this afternoon, and I definitely want that to be featured in said Food Post.  

Because of this, I'm going to go with an assortment of photos that I took over the last few evenings that show Key West by dusk, I guess you could say.
 This photo obviously is an exception to the dusk theme, but when I saw this hood ornament, I had to take a picture.
 These photos were taken from the La Concha hotel, the highest point in Key West.  You may remember me having mentioned the La Concha in my previous post about the ghost tour that Lara and I went on; because it's the highest point, it's also historically been a favorite location for people looking to leap to their deaths in these parts.
I'll say this: they sure had a terrific view during their last few moments on earth.
 People come up here nightly to watch the sun go down.  This is the second most popular place to view sunsets, aside from the Sunset Festival.

 A photo of Lara watching the sun begin to set.




 At first we were nervous that the cloud cover was too thick to see a good sunset.




 This was clearly not a problem, however.










 Lara said it looked like the sky was on fire.

 Last evening, while walking to dinner, I took some photos of the street we were on.

 Lara by the car.
 In photography, this time of day is what's known as the Magic Hour: the last hour before the sun goes down, or the first hour when the sun comes up.


 The light during this time has a golden look to it, and makes everything look lovely.
That's it for today!  Thanks for reading, and I *promise* there will be a food post tomorrow!

-Blog Tech

Comments

brokenteepee said…
I miss sunsets. Mountains are beautiful but there are trade offs.
Anonymous said…
going going gone, thats lovely the way you captured the sun beautiful after glow, Laura is a lovely girl,
Kelly said…
Fire in the sky. Very descriptive.
HappyCrone said…
Wow! Wow! Wow! Those sunset photos are amazing...you should publish!
Ina in Alaska said…
I am enjoying your posts, Blog Tech. Glad you and Lara are having a wonderful time!
WHAT a sunset!!!!!!

"Auntie"
Ellen in Oregon said…
Your sunset photos are amazing. It would be fantastic to take one of the photos and send it to one of those companies that make it into a gigantic wall mural. The you could mix up a pina colada and plop on the couch and stare at the view anytime you wanted to spend an hour in Key West. Looks like you two are haing a great time.
A beautiful sunset and a beautiful girlfriend!
Rue said…
Those are incredible sunset shots!

How strange that there is a "popular" place to leap to your death. I suppose if you are going to do it, go big, right? Yikes.

Love all the sunset photos!Glad you shared these. I would suggest that after you post your photos and before you publish, right click on each one and then click extra large. It makes a world of difference in the look of your blog and old codgers like me don't need to get out the magnifying glass. LOL!!! Have fun.
Sept. 29th

And how is Mama doing?

Happy Full Harvest Moon...
"Auntie"
Robin Larkspur said…
Once again, a delightful post with your fiery sunset photos. Most beautiful.