Pistachio Wedding Cakes and Deviled Egg Salad

I am deep into my Christmas baking.  I always make Mexican Wedding Cakes for Christmas and this year I tried a new twist on them.  Recipe below.

For my daughter's event I made deviled egg salad for one of the appetizers.  If you need a good recipe for the holidays, try this.  It was an enormous hit at the event.  You can scale the recipe to your proportions.  I hope no one is making as much as I did!  Hard boil your eggs.

Peel them and place them on towels to dry.

Cut  them up using an egg slicer.  Just slice them in one direction, then turn them and slice them in another direction.  This gives you nice uniform pieces.

For 1 dozen eggs, add 1/2 C. mayonnaise, 1/2 C. melted butter, 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, 1-1/2 tsp. yellow mustard, 1-1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard, 1/4 C. sliced green onions and S&P to taste.

Mix this together thoroughly and serve on small rye squares sprinkled with paprika.  All the taste of deviled eggs but much easier to prepare.

I saw this recipe on Pioneer Woman and thought I would try this version rather than my usual recipe.

I like the pale green color for Christmas.

You can find the recipe by clicking on this link:  http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/desserts/pistachio-wedding-cookies/

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love deviled eggs :-) and those green cakes does look appetizing :-) Anything with pistachio must taste great :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
greekwitch said…
Have you ever had "kourabiedes"? They are this traditional greek cookie that are filled with almonds sprayed with rosewater and then put in powder sugar. We make them for christmas along with melomakarona. Kourabiedes are my favorite cookie but i can not resist so i never make them or buy them. You should try them they are yummy!
I too, love deviled eggs!!!

Oh sigh, oh my, oh sigh...

I'm hungry!!! ,-)
brokenteepee said…
I never had eggs old enough to hard boil
Megs said…
Do you like this version of the Mexican Wedding Cakes?
I make those every year, too and am wondering how the pistachio ones would be.
I have batches if Mexican Wedding Cakes and your chewy ginger cookie dough in my fridge. I made a couple of other type cookies today, and found out that are oven is finally dying. I might have to freeze dough till a new stove is delivered
And, what an easy way to do the eggs!
Guillaume said…
I had deviled eggs before, but didn't know the na,e The things I learn here.
Michelle said…
The deviled egg salad will be perfect for our teacher luncheon. Thanks for posting it!
The deviled egg mix with crackers sounds wonderful. Printing this one for my Recipe keeper. Actually all that is different is cutting the egg..no..never mind, I'm printing it out. My memory is going..
yummy deviled eggs!! never had pistachios in them, you gave ne a brilliant idea, thank you!:)
Ina in Alaska said…
I am going to make the deviled egg squares for the Sunday Tennis Group holiday brunch tomorrow (12/16)!! Great idea to put the mixture on rye squares! Genius!!!