Planting and Carrot Coins

 This was my planter last year.  I am still trying to figure out what is coming back this year.  Why do I not write these things down?

 I have a friend that works at a food pantry.  They had lots of leftover vegetables on Monday so they gave them to me.  Look at the carrots. I think there were 100 pounds of carrots alone!  Not even I can use all of these so I took lots of all of this to the shelter.  They were completely out of carrots and onions so were very happy to receive these.

 So I made more carrot coins.

 You can find the recipe here: http://octoberfarm.blogspot.com/search?q=carrot+coins+salad These are sooo good that you really should try them.  Kids love them too!  I bet my new friend in Texas would love them!

I've started to plant some planters.  I was trying to figure out what to plant in this area when I saw this.

What a sneaky Teddy!  This area is cool but also, at this time of year, she can see the whole garden but no one can see her.

See how she disappears as you go down the stairs?

I planted some herbs along the driveway and this year I planted some sunflowers to see if they will grow in pots.  This area gets lots of sun all day.

My planters so far this year.  Next week I will start to fill them with new plants.

Comments

The veggies are so colorful. I will try the carrot coins.

Good things come back to us 3 x 3. Someone shares with you, you share with the shelter people.

Teddy is so cute, hiding, hahahaha!

Happy day.
Love the look of your garden Jaz, as always :) and those carrot coins look delicious - amd I know those carrots taste even better as you are very kindly sharing with the shelter. My 6 year old daughter loves Teddy! : )
Ozlem
Nellie said…
Great looking vegetables! We are not good about putting labels on things we plant, either, so we forget from year to year, too.:-)
Ellen in Oregon said…
Teddy sees all, knows all that happens in the Garden.
I had good success with growing sunflowers in containers the past few years. The best results were with a shorter stemmed Teddy (of course) Bear variety. The taller the stem the deeper the container is needed plus staking after 8 inches tall.

Guillaume said…
Some days I wish I had my own garden.
TARYTERRE said…
LOVE the containers for planting things. That is the only way I can have any gardening around here. TEDDY was quite clever sitting at that vantage point spying on you and what's happening on the grounds there.
think this link, will take people to your carrot coins recipe...

ohhhhh that teddy is soooooo cute. i love it. stay hidden, but seeeeee allllllll. love it -grin-
luckybunny said…
I'm just loving the garden photos, been waiting for them to start! That picture of Teddy is a hoot! And I love those carrot coins, looks so good... I'm going to try that one really soon! I love it.
Carole said…
Jaz, thats a heap of carrot coins! Thanks for linking up with Food on friday. Cheers
JFM said…
I love visiting your blog! It is always filled with good food, lovely photos, Teddy and happy thoughts...thank you!!!

Jan
That sneaky little pup! My kind of people..oh..wait..not a people. I almost forgot. LOL :)