The Morning Garden Check

 One of the things I most like about gardening is seeing the day to day changes.  There is always something new.  Click on any photo for a closer look.

 And there are some things that always stay the same.  Like the puppy's morning necessary scratches by The Blog Tech.  He can't move until he gives up some scratches.

 These magnolia pods will soon be turning red and dropping to the ground to give up their seeds.

 The hydrangeas are in bloom.

 The pool peppers are growing.

 Teddy always pauses when I open the gates to take in what lies below.  You never know, there might be bad kitties hiding in her garden.

 Time to thin out the lily pads.

 I love this view up the creek from the middle pond.

 The Black eyed Susan vine is reaching out and attaching itself to the wire basket.

 Beans growing up twine attached to the service berry trunk.

 Oops...blurry, but this is the first fig.

 I have plenty of zucchini blossoms but none are setting.  Does anyone know why?  I have plenty of bees so it isn't a pollination problem.

 Soon to be red tomatoes.  I have picked about 20 tomatoes so far.

 A teeny tiny eggplant and eggplant blossoms!

 No nasturtiums, you are not a herb.

 Grapes!!!

 No blooms on the okra yet.  I LOVE okra!

 Lots of green tomatoes.  I planted about 50 tomato plants this year.

 Cucumbers!


 The Bougainvillea continues to grow up the Christmas tree trunk.  It has almost reached the top.

 All of the Hostas are starting to bloom.

 The tiger lilies are blooming in the flower bed.

I told you Fall is coming, the Oakleaf Hydrangeas are turning.  First they are white, then pink, then burgundy and finally brown.

Comments

Sunnybrook Farm said…
You probably have a lot of male squash blossoms as there seem to be way more of them than the female ones with the little squash behind the flower. I think you can eat the bloom though I have never done it.
Our first 2 Roma tomatoes are just starting to turn red now.
Anonymous said…
I agree with Sunnybrook farm, too many male flowers on the squash plants.

Love Your creek, looks like it's flowing in a deep forest.

My cats have killed my squash plants and most of the pepper plants too :-) The magpies takes the tomatoes alrerady now when they are green!!! To bad I like those birds :-)

I can never see enough of Your garden!

Have a great day!
Christer.
TARYTERRE said…
Love the hydrangeas and blacked eyed susans. Teddy is adorable getting her pets/scratches in.
brokenteepee said…
I don't know about your zucchini - I just know that ours always produce way too many.
My figs here in Provence are just as tiny as yours - everything very late in the garden this year.
Robin Larkspur said…
Great progress report. You live in such a beautiful setting.
Nellie said…
I continue to be amazed at the beauty of your garden!
Diane said…
Your garden is way ahead of ours. Love that pond with the water running from the creek. Have a good week, Diane
Your garden is beautiful. All that seems to growing in mine is weeds!
WendyFromNY said…
I wonder if the air temperature has anything to do with pollination of the squash. The people that grow giant pumpkins put the flower they are pollinating into a cooler with ice if the air temps are too high... Bigpumpkins.com. I know I would never go to that extreme for a squash! LOL!
Barb said…
The gardens look wonderful!!
JFM said…
Always a pleasure to stop-by your backyard~
Not fall, too soon. -grin- I love watching your gardens grow. And when fall really comes, the growing will be over.

But in between, comes the "putting up" of tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes. To make Homeless Shelter food, in the winter. :-)

Happy New Moon!
"Auntie"
GREAT POST:)Your blog is so lovely.

If you want some cute swedish decor inspiration...check out my blog:)

Have a great day dear

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(sweden)
chickpea678 said…
I want to plant cucumbers next year! We eat so many in the summer!

Also, kids had figs for first or second time in their lives (me too I think). They were so ripe and delicious, it's a new favorite!
chickpea678 said…
I want to plant cucumbers next year! We eat so many in the summer!

Also, kids had figs for first or second time in their lives (me too I think). They were so ripe and delicious, it's a new favorite!