Homemade Crackers

These crackers are so very good to eat with cheese.They are pretty simple to make too.
Place 1 C. of water in the bowl of your mixer.  Add 1 tsp. of rapid rise yeast.  Add 3 T. of oil.  Add 1/2 tsp. of salt, 1 T. of sugar and 3 C. of flour.

Knead until you have a smooth ball of dough, place it in an oiled bowl, cover and let it double in size.

Dice some fresh rosemary.

Remove the dough from the bowl.

Divide it into 16 pieces.

Roll each piece out to about a 4 X 10 inch size.

Place them on parchment covered cookie sheets.

Brush them with an egg wash and sprinkle the rosemary, sea salt and any combination of seeds that you like.

Bake them in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes until golden and crisp.  Cool on racks.



Comments

brokenteepee said…
I made crackers once - then I ate them and wanted more.
Anonymous said…
this does seem easy , sesame seeds would be good too, I love the smell of rosemary, I have it coming out my ears right now, ( well not literally) but I have quite a bit to keep for winter, I will give this a go, too hot today though, its stifling here,
Anonymous said…
I've never done crackers myself but I really don't know why because it does look very easy to make them.

Have a great day!
Christer.
John'aLee said…
These look soooo good~ I've never made crackers before but have always wanted to!
Nellie said…
Rosemary adds just the right touch! Yum!
Guillaume said…
Yummy. With a beer, probably yummier.
TARYTERRE said…
These sound yummy!
luckybunny said…
homemade crackers are always delicious. These look so, so, good. I will be making them once I'm able to!